Please only apply to one job posting. We recommend you apply for the position/office you are most interested in. Upon review of your application, if your skill sets are better suited for another position, we will reach out and let you know. If you are interested in multiple offices, you will have the opportunity to indicate that below in the application questions.
This role is directed at graduates seeking a 2024 start date. For 2025 start dates please take a look at our internships.
Algorithm Developers are responsible for building and maintaining the models that drive our trading. A typical day involves applying rigorous statistical analysis to vast quantities of market and financial data to produce provably predictive trading models. You will run models live on our high-performance trading infrastructure and analyze their daily performance to maintain ongoing profitability. Working in close collaboration with fellow Algorithm Developers and Software Engineers, you will research, develop, and test novel order execution and model training methods to increase trading efficiency.
- You are a full-time undergraduate, masters, or PhD student in a quantitative discipline (math, physics, computer science, statistics, or a related program) who is eligible for full-time roles in 2024
- Experience programming in Python and/or C++
- Experience with statistical analysis, numerical programming, or machine learning in Python, Pandas/Numpy, R, and/or MATLAB
- A passion for applying quantitative models and technology toward solving real-world problems
- Brilliant analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work creatively and independently on long-term technical problems
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You can analyze and fix problems efficiently
- You learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
Annual base salary range of $175,000 to $250,000. Pay (base and bonus) may vary depending on job-related skills and experience. A sign-on and discretionary performance bonus will be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to company-paid medical and/or other benefits.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.