QuantSpark is a boutique data science and analytics consultancy based in
London. Our mission is to create strategic value for our clients through advanced
analytics. We deeply care about the commercial impact of our work and this
entrepreneurial approach informs everything we do.
We go beyond the remit of traditional strategy consultancies by deploying
advanced data analytics and software engineering capabilities to build bespoke
tools that deliver long-lasting value – the tools and solutions we create become
embedded in our clients’ daily operations. Our ever-growing client base consists
of FTSE 100 retailers, prestigious Private Equity houses and governments.
Yes, the work is hugely impactful and engaging, but it’s our talented team which
is our greatest asset; we take pride in providing a collaborative environment
where everyone is encouraged and supported to grow their career. You'll
experience a fun and thriving culture, with perks and events throughout the
You’ll be joining at a hugely exciting time in our scale up journey with plenty of
opportunity to shape your role.
We are looking for an Analytics Manager with a strong track record of successful
project delivery in Retail. A commercially minded leader with high
emotional intelligence who can inspire a team of highly talented analysts and is
adept with managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You
will use your retail sector experience to manage client relationships to ensure
a clear & compelling use-case for the work of our Analysts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scoping strategic analytics projects based on an expert level understanding client requirements, retail and our capabilities.
- Supporting our retail clients to define a clear vision for their data strategy & develop a roadmap of activities to deliver a strategic advantage.
- Work with Product Managers, Project Managers and technical experts to scope and plan projects and individual workstreams around topics such as space & ranging, pricing & promotions, demand modelling, location intelligence & supply chain optimisation.
- Managing day to day client engagement and project success.
- Coordinating the work of analysts ensuring best-practice implementation of processes and effective knowledge sharing.
- Managing and developing the team through coaching, performance management, and goal setting.
You will have a range of analytical, commercial, and interpersonal qualities
- Experience in strategy consultancy, or in an in-house strategy / analytics position within retail e.g. grocery, FMCG, general merchandise.
- Ability to define a strategic agenda for retail clients & use Analytics to generate a tangible financial benefit.
- Cross-functional working with both technical & non-technical team members or clients e.g. Product Managers, Analytics Engineers, Developers, Space Planning, Pricing & Promotions, Supply Chain, Ranging, Finance etc.
- Being familiar with data science and have a keen interest in this space although you don’t need to be an expert as you will be working with expert data scientists.
- Excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, demonstrated with the ability to establish working relationships at all levels of an organisation.
- Familiarity with Project Management tools such as Asana and Jira is a bonus.
- A hands-on role in a thriving scale-up with plenty of opportunities to shape ways of working.
- Friendly, open, and transparent culture.
-Huge monthly training & conference budget to help you upskill and develop your career.
- Flexible hours and hybrid working; work from home or our office.
-Option to work from abroad for up to one month each year.
- Top tier Private Healthcare.
-Numerous, perks, discounts, and rewards.
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
-Pension contribution scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
-Opportunity to work on social impact & pro bono strategy projects.
- Optional monthly socials, dinners, and fun nights out.
- A fully stocked supply of breakfast, fruit, and refreshments for the days when you are in the office.
What the team say
Joining a new company can be equal parts daunting and exciting, it can be hard
to tell if a company will be right for you, here are some snippets of recent
feedback from our team members:
- “QuantSpark hasn't just met my expectations, it's far exceeded them. I feel good about getting up to start my days, finding out what other people are up to and carrying on with my own work. I feel like everyone is pulling together, in the same direction, to make the company progress.”
- "QuantSpark has a great culture where team members are fully empowered to lead the way in their roles. I believe this type of environment allows employees to learn new skills and quickly begin to thrive.”
- “Diversity of thought is genuinely valued in a way you don't often see in the workplace. There is a culture of trust and a flat hierarchy that allows our team to leverage the benefits of diversity beyond slogans and statistics and become a high-performing team.”
We strongly believe that diversity of people and ideas is essential for the
wellbeing and effectiveness of our team, and we are committed to creating a
company where diversity in culture, experience and background are truly valued.
Diverse and inclusive teams bring different perspectives and ideas that help
better serve our clients and help us all develop. QuantSpark is an equal
opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all
potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin,
religion, age, or disability.