Hudson River Trading is seeking an experienced Business Manager to join our Strategic Initiatives team. In this role, you will work closely with HRT’s Mid-Frequency Strategies team — a trading team spanning multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, and other macro instruments — as well as other departments across the firm. Responsibilities include assisting in the planning and execution of a variety of projects across trading and technology. In this role, you will be integral to the success of this rapidly growing and exciting team at HRT.
- Act as the primary point of contact for a multi-asset quant team’s business and technical projects
- Stay abreast of market and industry movements, and communicate relevant information to appropriate stakeholders
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Effectively identify, anticipate, and balance business needs across the firm
- Develop cross-department project plans in conjunction with quant researchers, software developers, and business/product leads across the organization
- Help stakeholders prioritize projects and resources to meet goals and deadlines
- Research opportunities to make trading more efficient
- 7 or more years of relevant experience managing enterprise-level projects across teams/departments
- Experience working alongside quantitative researchers, including hands-on experience conducting quantitative analysis
- People management experience required
- Knowledge of a coding language required (ex: C++, Python, or Java)
- Solid understanding of trading systems, banks, prime brokerages, risk, and financing
- Buy-side experience in trading and operations is required
- Understanding of risk, hedging, and trading
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects through from concept to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work across disciplines, and quickly transition from one project to another
Annual base salary range of $200,000 to $250,000. Pay (base and bonus) may vary depending on job-related skills and experience. A sign-on and discretionary performance bonus may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to company-paid medical and/or other benefits.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.