MarketAxess is on a journey to digitally transform one of the world’s largest financial markets, enabling the shift from analog, phone-based trading to a fully electronic marketplace. Why does this matter? Because our platform makes trading fixed-income more accessible, ultimately improving transparency, efficiency, and competition in the marketplace. Changing the way an established industry transacts is no easy feat. There will be twists and turns, because no one’s ever done this before. But now, more than 2,000 clients around the world rely on our solutions, and that number is only expected to grow in the years ahead. We know where we’re going. How we get there is up to us. Join us and help Take Us There.
Regulatory requirements are driving opportunities for new technological solutions with an increased focus on compliance. This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to be part of an innovative firm that is growing and breaking new ground in the financial markets in both the trading and post-trade environment. This role will offer the candidate an opportunity to play a key part in delivering those solutions.
As part of our Legal and Compliance team that covers business in the UK, EU and Asia you’ll assist with the regulatory oversight and control of MarketAxess’ regulated trading venues and post-trade (regulatory reporting) services.
We operate an MTF and ARM/APA from London (under the FCA) and another MTF and ARM/APA from Amsterdam (under the AFM). Our Singapore office operates as an RMO under the MAS. The MTFs are also subject to certain cross border licenses in other host state jurisdictions such as Australia, Hong Kong and Switzerland.
This is a broad role with a particular focus on the following attributes - central compliance (preparation of management information, policies and procedures, keeping logs, and regulatory reporting) and performing reviews as part of the compliance monitoring programme and AML controls.
The opportunity which will give the candidate excellent first-hand experience to learn different compliance disciplines and opportunities to get involved with business matters from the outset. Training will be provided depending on experience and in line with company policy.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Conducting risk-based monitoring reviews as part of the Compliance Monitoring Programme (‘CMP’), both routine and thematic, to assess the extent the business complies with regulatory requirements and internal policies;
- Helping to update the CMP following any changes to the business or market behaviour;
- Use of automated surveillance and assessment of surveillance alerts from the trading venues;
- Performing AML/KYC reviews periodically per all clients, vendors and associated persons;
- Managing client and dealer on-boarding and documentation and attendant enquiries;
- Assisting with regulatory reporting to comply with the conditions of authorisation under the local national competent authority and applicable corporate laws;
- Assisting with practical changes to accommodate new legal or regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining local compliance policies, procedures, records and general record-keeping (e.g. breach register, PA dealing notifications etc);
- Preparation of management information for executive committees or other relevant stakeholders such as audit;
- Working closely with the group Legal and Compliance team or other internal stakeholders where necessary to support any of the above.
What We’re Looking for
- 5 years or more experience of working in UK/EU financial services compliance preferably in regulated electronic trading platforms, market infrastructure, surveillance/monitoring, or post-trade process such as regulatory reporting;
- Experience of handling tests from a compliance monitoring programme and AML framework, and managing updates.
- Strong written and verbal skills to produce reports, following up on action points or enquiries;
- Preference for someone who has knowledge or experience of MiFID II, market abuse and regulatory reporting obligations (trade and transaction reporting);
- Should be able and willing to work independently, reliably and demonstrate initiative;
- Fixed income experience is preferable but not essential;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Former employees of regulatory authorities welcome.
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Foreign language (in addition to English) useful but not essential.
What You Can Expect from Us
- Central Location: based at our city offices near St Paul's.
- Free Food: We provide lunch each day of the week when the employee attends the office via our vendor Feedr as well as breakfast cereals, office snacks and drinks from our free vending machines
- Paid Time Off: 25 days annual leave entitlement plus 2 charity days
- Reward for your service: We offer a two-week bonus holiday after completing each 5 years of service
- Core benefits: Besides competitive standard benefits package we offer private medical (PMI) for family, Cash Plan, health screenings, dental cover, 6X life assurance, critical illness cover, income protection, pension, car leasing (Tusker electronic cars), reimbursement for wellness stipend, interest free season ticket loan and a “Share Incentive” plan
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: Benefit from on-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences
Collaboration and innovation are integral to our success – it's how we got to where we are and how we’ll maintain and grow our competitive advantage. We believe this best happens in an office environment. Employees work in the office 4 days a week. This approach still allows for flexibility depending on the business function you work within but also helps us maintain a collaborative office environment long-term.
MarketAxess Privacy Notice for Candidates
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants