Hudson River Trading (HRT) is looking for a Corporate Action Specialist to join our PostTrade Strategy team. Our global trading platform supports trading across many asset classes and geographies, and the PostTrade team designs and operates the systems and processes that reconcile the firm’s trading with our various brokers and counterparties. In addition to reconciling trades and positions around the globe, this team collaborates with multiple teams to research corporate actions, maintain commissions programs, and track all costs incurred by our trading.
Being a global member of PostTrade Strategy means working as part of a tight-knit, highly productive team. Corporate actions are a growing priority for the team and we're looking for someone who loves utilizing technology and automation tools to work on a wide scope of operational projects.
- Analyze corporate action events from external data sources and verify accuracy of information.
- Monitor all upcoming corporate actions and ensure proper processing throughout HRT’s infrastructure.
- Identify and review corporate action event taxability, ensuring key stakeholders are appropriately updated.
- Collaborate with teams across the firm to identify opportunities for new and improved workflows around the processing, settlement, and reconciliation of corporate action events.
- Effectively manage and communicate risk around events and liaise with our Algo and Operations teams to optimize accordingly.
- Interface with clearing houses and prime brokers on voluntary and election-based actions.
- Design reporting and monitoring tools as appropriate.
- Document complex processes to develop clear procedural guidelines.
- Experience with the post-trade life cycle of equities, fixed income, and options.
- Experience with external relationship management, including technology vendors, prime brokers, banks, etc.
- 5+ years experience with corporate actions.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of APAC and EMEA markets.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working closely with people across multiple teams.
- You take ownership of your work and are willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
- You can debug, analyze, and troubleshoot problems under fast turnaround times.
- You thrive when working with people who challenge you and help you improve.
- You are analytical by nature and have a high attention to detail.
- You can effectively maintain accuracy and speed while processing large amounts of information.
- You are excited to work independently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Experience with Bloomberg is a plus.
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems is preferred (we use Linux).
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.