Addium, Inc is looking for a transformational leader who will fill the role of Director, Accounts Receivable. Addium is a software and hardware Ag-Tech company based in Pullman, Washington.
Nestled in the heart of the picturesque Palouse region, Pullman, Washington, offers an irresistible blend of rural charm and urban sophistication. Join us to experience a community that nurtures your passions and aspirations, striking the perfect balance between small-town tranquility and city convenience. Pullman's vibrant arts and culture scene, warm and welcoming community, and access to larger cities for shopping and entertainment make it an ideal place to call home.
Our goal is to transform our AR process into an efficient collections machine that also drives positive customer satisfaction and ongoing improvement in our NPS scores.
In this role…..
- You will be responsible for building and leading a team whose responsibility is managing our collections process while improving our customer relationships.
- You will interact with the CEO/CFO and the rest of the operating team on a regular basis both for process improvement and progress reporting.
- You will be measured on KPIs including DSO, receivable balance, receivable balance reduction.
- You will bring your expertise and experience transforming AR performance to Addium.
- You will also work with our field teams as well as our customers on a daily basis.
Coaching and developing both onsite and remote employees in the art and science of AR collections in a B to B environment is a key skill you will bring to the role. This role will take initiative, energy, diplomacy, and experience.
- Supervises and coordinates accounts receivable activities, ensuring an accurate accounts receivable system.
- Develops work schedules, assigns duties, and reviews work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies.
- Responsible for accuracy and corrections to customer accounts, reconciliation of revenue accounts, general journal entries, generating invoices and posting sales, verification of deposits, and postings to accounts receivable.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Interprets work procedures for subordinates.
- Confers with subordinates to resolve procedural problems in tracing sources of error.
- Directs workers in preparing work orders for the data inputting process.
- Supervises employees engaged in tracing sources of error, correcting billing records, and in processing records for advance or final billings.
- Reviews and corrects customer accounts to determine amounts over or under paid.
- Prepares corrected bills to reconcile errors.
- Traces source and corrects customer accounts for errors in billing rates, misapplied credits, or identifying information, such as name and address received from customer.
- Confers with employees of other departments to trace payments on bills under investigation by the collection department and to give information pertaining to accuracy of charges on customer's bills.
- 5-10 years of leadership and/or management relevant to finance, accounting, or accounts receivable.
- Adaptability: Experience managing both onsite and remote teams.
- Experience: Proven B2B accounts receivable management experience with team leadership background.
- Leadership: Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in accounting software and financial systems.
- Analytical Skills: Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail for accuracy in financial records.
- Relationship Building: Ability to enhance customer relationships while managing collections.
- Initiative and Energy: Proactive and energetic approach to process improvement.
- Reporting: Proficiency in generating and presenting progress reports.
- Billing and Reconciliation: Familiarity with billing and reconciliation tasks.
- Problem-Solving: Effective at resolving billing errors and discrepancies.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field, or significant relevant working experience
Skills and Knowledge
Accounting Knowledge: A strong understanding of accounting principles, including accounts receivable, revenue recognition, and general ledger entries, is crucial.
Supervisory Skills: You should have demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills, including the ability to assign tasks, review work for accuracy, and resolve work-related issues.
Analytical Skills: The role involves analyzing accounts, reconciling revenue accounts, and resolving billing errors, so strong analytical skills are important.
Communication Skills: Effective communication is essential for collaborating with subordinates, other departments, and customers.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in accounting software, spreadsheets (e.g., Excel), and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is often required.
Attention to Detail: Given the need for accuracy in accounts receivable, a keen attention to detail is critical.
Problem-Solving Skills: You should be capable of identifying and resolving work-related problems efficiently.
Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with the specific industry in which you'll be working can be an advantage. Different industries may have unique accounting practices and regulations.
Mental Resilience: As indicated in the job description, this role may come with enhanced stress and mental job demands. Being able to handle stress and maintain composure under pressure is important.
ADDIUM, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.