This internship is for DoD SkillBridge Eligible Interns ONLY. DoD SkillBridge Internships are available to help transitioning active-duty military personnel gain real-world experience in the work force sometime during their final 180 days of active-duty service.
As a rotational intern on HRT’s Business Development team, you will learn and work in the Foreign Exchange Business Development subteam during your time at the firm. The position offers opportunities to gain exposure to a variety of asset classes while working in FX business development. As an intern, you will work directly with the business lead and team members on the following:
- Engage with the Firm’s counterparties, including exchanges and banks
- Learn about FX trading and market structure
- Develop an external network within the FX business world
- Research the different functions at HRT’s counterparties and help manage HRT’s engagement with them — business development, technology support, post-trade Operations, etc.
- Engage with the Firm’s service providers, notably data brokers and connectivity providers
- Research service providers in the FX ecosystem
- Learn about cost structure and how services such as brokerage fees are billed in FX and other asset classes
- Leverage your existing operational and organizational management skills to improve existing problem sets at HRT and help development sustainable processes around:
- Vendor engagement and records maintenance
- Wiki utilization
- Meeting process improvement - help record minutes, due-outs, and other key information relevant to stakeholders and assist in improvement/management of meetings
- As an intern, you will also learn the following:
- How to price Spot FX and FX Forwards across multiple deliverable and NDF currencies
- How to price other traded instruments at HRT, as well as the market structure that facilitates trading
- FIX and other financial services technology protocols
- Must meet all Department of Defense SkillBridge eligibility requirements for a United States Armed Forces
- A strong interest in financial services
- A strong interest in electronic trading
- Coding experience in Python, C++, or Java is preferred
- Experience with Unix and SQL is preferred
- Team player with a naturally curious mindset
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.