Electrical Engineer III, Electronic Design-Hybrid in Milpitas, CA
Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary product development team focused on engineering sustaining activities. Responsible for designing, deploying, operating, and sustaining hardware solutions for Omnicell’s Automation products involving electromechanical and embedded software content.
· Ensure sustaining engineering work is efficiently completed to support manufacturing factories, supplier deviation and design change requests, and quality & reliability improvement projects.
· As a team member, be responsible for completing various project activities, from definition, identifying electrical functional requirements, component selection, schematic design, PCB layout, DVT, and production functional test development for PCBAs.
· Create and implement the electrical test plans/protocols and generate test reports to ensure designs meet the specifications and quality system requirements.
· Conducts feasibility studies of new and modified designs exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
· Lead root cause analysis efforts and defining creative and effective corrective actions
· Provide leadership role at a system/subassembly project level by assigning work and resolving problems as well as mentoring engineering team members as required
· Willingness to travel to domestic and international off-site locations as necessary to directly support customers, evaluate field issues as well as support start up activities for new products.
· Estimate, manage, and report time required for multiple, concurrent tasks.
Read and understand basic firmware application.
· Develop quarterly goals.
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrated ability to practically apply systems engineering architectural design concepts and best practices to product development including machine controls and I/O systems
· Advanced knowledge of medical related technologies, products, markets, customers and business fundamentals
· Proficient with designing complex electrical subassemblies and systems using an Altium electronic design automation environment within a formal product development process
· Demonstrated use of schematic design and bill of material generation as well as design simulation using Altium tools.
· Familiarity with custom PCB development including footprint generation and printed circuit board layout a plus.
· Experience bringing products/systems through agency certifications: UL, FDA, CE covering safety, EMI/EMC, and medical aspects
· Demonstrated experience with Bill of Materials, MRP systems and the ECR, ECO processes
· Able to effectively solve problems, work independently on sub-assemblies and multi-task as required.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-starter, capable of working independently as well as building strong cross functional collaborative relationships.
· Must be able to work in a team environment and assist cross functional teams with the debugging of complex issues.
· The candidate must be highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred; may consider relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years Electrical Engineering experience with a degree; 8+ years Electrical Engineering experience in lieu of a degree
· Excellent documentation skills (highly regulated development environment).
· Experience designing power supply, embedded microcontroller, and microprocessor-based systems.
· Experience designing interfaces for Ethernet, USB, Wireless (WiFi, BLE).
· Experience designing FPGA interfaces using Verilog.
· Experience with Bill of Materials, MRP systems and the ECR, ECO processes
· Experience with project lead role
· Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Familiarity with motion controllers, servo / stepper motors, EtherCAT network I/O systems and PLC Programming
· Familiarity with safety circuits and UL regulatory requirements
· Experience with Agile PLM processes
· Familiarity with Orcad, Altium, LabView and AutoCad
· Working experience with FDA regulated, ISO13485, or other highly regulated environments
Base compensation: Salary range is $95,018 to $110,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as locations, education, experience, and skillset. Learn more about our benefits at www.omnicellbenefits.com)
To protect our employees, partners, and customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain approval from Omnicell for an exemption and accommodation for a medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief or practice.
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so that they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-of-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients - one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.