Engineer III, Firmware Engineer- Hybrid in Milpitas, CA
The Firmware Engineer III is responsible for the development of firmware for the next generation of medical management system within the Robotics and Automation division of Omnicell.
- Responsible for developing firmware using best software design practices, tools and techniques.
- Write code, complete programming and perform testing and debugging using programming language and technologies interacting and controlling hardware for hospital automation.
- Optimize firmware to improve system robustness, performance, and security
- Develop functional specifications, architecture, detailed designs
- Create conceptual and engineering prototypes
- Create and execute test plans based on requirements and technical specifications
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, with timely completion of tasks
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems with products
- Support service department as required to resolve complex customer issues
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong firmware or embedded software development knowledge and experience developing for hardware systems such as Wi-Fi, BLE, printers, cameras, motor controls.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently as well as building strong cross functional collaborative relationships.
- Results oriented and disciplined, while still comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- 5 years experience encompassing embedded systems, firmware or embedded software.
- Background in Systems Programming, Mbed or RTOS or IoT Protocols – MQTT, CoAP
- Good understanding of communication protocols: I2C, SPI, UART, I2S, PCM, RS-422
- Experience developing embedded system with Sensors, Wi-Fi, BLE, NFC, Thread
- Experience with PIC and similar 8/16/32 bit Microcontrollers
- Embedded C programming experience.
- M.S or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of embedded, MPU, GPU and MCU based controller design
- Experience with AI vision systems, Computer Vision
- Experience with Linux or NVIDIA Jetson platform
- Developed system and firmware architecture for connected systems
- Good knowledge of electronics, sub-system integration, device drivers, and boot loaders
- Python programming
- Healthcare industry experience in IoT, robotics and automated medication distribution
- Office environment (hybrid)
Base compensation: Salary range is $136,044-$163,909
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as locations, education, experience, and skillset. Learn more about our benefits at www.omnicellbenefits.com.
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so that they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-of-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients - one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.