Engineer III, Software – Applications-Remote
Omnicell is the world leader in pharmacy robotics, and we’re expanding beyond inventory management into inventory analytics. The Omnicell One tech-enabled service helps hospitals and health systems understand how meds flow through their business, from the loading dock to the nurse’s glove, and then apply clinical expertise and advanced machine learning to uncover opportunities to adjust that flow to improve safety, cost, efficiency, and patient outcomes. And the next step for us is to help busy clinicians act on those opportunities by building efficient, industry-leading workflows.
To do that, we take terabytes of data from thousands of devices and translate it to simple, actionable steps our clients can take to improve their overall performance. This is achieved through a sleek new microservices, and big data architecture primarily composed of Kafka, Spark, PostgreSQL, .NET Core, Kubernetes and Angular all running in public cloud.
The Engineer III, Software is an experienced professional who participates in leading, creating and extending Omnicell products. This person is a highly skilled developer who can apply industry and corporate best practices to produce quality applications. This person applies their practical and theoretical knowledge from Computer Science and previous experience in healthcare or a related industry.
- Work as part of a team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Provide technical leadership for the architecture, design, and implementation of Omnicell software solutions
- Conduct code reviews for fellow team members, as required
- Create unit tests to help ensure code quality throughout the application’s life cycle
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources once deployed
- Continue to improve code quality by tracking, reducing and avoiding technical debt
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep experience building web-based applications and RESTful API’s
- Comfortable deploying service oriented and microservices architectures
- Ability to create and deploy event-driven architectures using messaging systems/service bus with technologies such as Kafka
- Comfortable shipping new features in a SPA environment.
- Experience scaling and deploying applications in the public cloud using technologies like Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Skill to balance driving the right architecture with the realities of live customers and the need to ship software.
- A can-do attitude and ability to make a positive impact our culture.
- Understands agile and enjoy working in 2-week release cycles.
- Ability to always put the customer first.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering OR 8+ years of experience in lieu of the degree.
- 5+ year of experience in C# and the .NET Framework
- 3+ years of experience building web-based applications
- 2+ years of experience delivering software in the cloud
- 2+ years’ experience with MVC Architecture
- 5+ years with MS SQL experience
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science
- 6 months+ experience in .Net Core
- 3+ years of experience with a microservices architecture
- 2+ years of experience in Angular 4 or above
- 1+ year experience healthcare or pharmaceutical experience working with interfaces such as HL7, FHIR. EDI and working with PHI.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Omnicell is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer Males/Females/Disabled/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so that they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-of-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients - one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.