Reliability Engineer IV- Hybrid in Cranberry Township, PA
- Lead Omnicell reliability team in the application of design for reliability and reliability engineering across the portfolio of products including software.
- Design templates, select tools, and define standards for Omnicell’s reliability engineering program.
- Lead/mentor junior engineering team members in root cause analysis on electronic or mechanical hardware assemblies.
- Lead/mentor junior engineering team members design failure modes and effects analyses to identify high risk areas of engineering designs.
- Lead/mentor junior engineering team members reliability analyses such as (but not limited to): hazard rate calculations, reliability block diagram creation/manipulations, reliability allocation creation/manipulations, reliability growth analyses.
- Lead the reliability team in the design and implement reliability focused testing, including automated test fixture design, writing test plans, writing test reports, maintaining test documentation, and analyzing test data.
- Lead the reliability team in application analytical life cycle and physics of failure modeling to the Design for Reliability program at Omnicell.
- Lead/mentor junior engineering team members to utilize advanced testing methods where necessary, such as (but not limited to): strain gage instrumentation, accelerometer data collection/processing, etc.
- Participate with multi-disciplinary technical teams to develop and execute reliability engineering work.
- Actively work to enhance the Design for Reliability program at Omnicell
- Direct support of customers, to include travel to off-site locations as necessary to evaluate field issues.
- Willingness to travel to suppliers and vendors to assist with development and production ramp up.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives on behalf of reliability engineering.
- Maintain a safe laboratory workspace, upholding all EHS guidelines and standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to effectively problem solve and manage multi-task assignments.
- Display an advanced understanding of automated test systems including data acquisition systems.
- Advanced understanding in the design of automated test-fixtures.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of engineering process and statistical methods.
- Knowledge of predicting reliability of software systems.
- Ability to independently execute as well as review reliability engineering analyses by junior team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in the creation and application of reliability analyses, reliability block diagrams, allocation models, risk analyses, and issue resolution tactics.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently as well as building strong cross-functional collaborative relationships.
- The candidate must be highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in an engineering field of discipline or physics.
- Minimum eight years’ experience working in the design, testing, or reliability of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Minimum five years’ experience directly in the field of reliability engineering (design for reliability and reliability prediction/modeling and testing methods for hardware and software).
- Minimum four years’ experience with the application of lean or design for six-sigma techniques.
- Experience with Reliasoft suite, JMP, and/or Minitab
- Design for Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, or Master Black Belt certification.
- Design for Reliability certification and/or experience.
- Experience with the analytics of large data sets using python, JMP, Excel, SAS, R, Scala, Mini-Tab, or an equivalent tool set.
- Experience with Bayesian statistical methods.
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so that they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-of-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients - one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.