SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
The Product & Technology (P&T) Operations Group empowers the global SentinelOne P&T Organization to execute predictably at scale. We develop and continuously improve systems, tools, and processes related to roadmap development and execution, business reporting, and product lifecycle management.
As an Engineering Manager of Process & Tools, you will partner with the Sr. Director of P&T Operations and collaborate with key stakeholders across SentinelOne. You will be an expert in managing tools and teams that support P&T roadmap development and management, and workflows within Jira. Functioning as a product owner, you will enhance internal communication, effective relay of information between stakeholders, and accelerate the growth of SentinelOne through an optimized software development life cycle.
This role can be 100% remote within the United States, or in a hybrid capacity if preferred and local to a corporate office.
What will you do?
- Lead the activities and cadence of a Process & Tools Engineering team within P&T.
- Operationalize cross-functional system processes, such as the roadmap process, and agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes, which deliver value to the business and to our customers.
- Identify ways to increase developer/administrator velocity by simplifying or enhancing our Jira workflows and capabilities.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and team members in and across departments.
- Liaison with P&T leaders & managers with data to evaluate tech processes, identify gaps, and collaborate on effective systems improvements.
- Translate business requirements into actionable items for an Engineering team, to enhance predictability on new solutions and support.
- Create and maintain documentation to make processes sustainable and scalable.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- 8+ years of work experience in a cross-functional role in business systems technology or software product operations, with an emphasis on designing and implementing systems improvements.
- 3+ years of experience as a Lead Atlassian Engineer/Administrator or Engineering Manager working directly with distributed engineering, product, and design teams.
- 3+ years of experience administering or developing Atlassian tools, specifically Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment, optimizing Atlassian suite tools to facilitate agile development processes and team collaboration.
- Deep understanding of the Atlassian Suite.
- Preferred familiarity and experience with Workday.
- A demonstrated ability to pick up new technical concepts and architectures. You will be working with a variety of tools and technologies, which you will have the opportunity to maintain and improve.
- Experience working within complex systems with cross-functional dependencies.
- Experience working within a mid-sized or enterprise SaaS environment.
- Experience designing organizational structures in distributed environments, driving innovation and transformation. The ideal candidate combines firm decision-making with diplomacy, thriving when faced with challenges.
- You will be joining a cutting-edge company where you will tackle the extraordinary. challenges and work with the very best in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Industry-leading gender-neutral parental leave.
- Paid Company Holidays.
- Paid Sick Time.
- Employee stock purchase program.
- Disability and life insurance.
- Employee assistance program.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Numerous company-sponsored events, including regular happy hours and team-building events.
This U.S. role has a base pay range that will vary based on the location of the candidate. For some
locations, a different pay range may apply. If so, this range will be provided to you during the recruiting
process. You can also reach out to the recruiter with any questions.
Base Salary Range
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.