Hudson River Trading (HRT) is seeking an ETF Pricing Engineering Specialist to join our high-impact team working on the firm's growing ETF efforts. In this role, you'll collaborate with global trading teams, interface with automated trading systems across asset classes and regions, and contribute to ETF market strategies.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about financial markets, coding, tackling challenges, and making an immediate, tangible impact at HRT.
- Integrate new data sources and enrich existing ETF datasets to be proactive about our ETF pricing strategy
- Continuously improve processes and automation using Python
- Investigate, document, and escalate systematic data pipeline errors, ensuring swift resolutions with internal and external teams
- Conduct real-time data quality analysis, apply financial market expertise to process-significant corporate actions, and communicate results to trading teams
- Monitor analytics to maintain exceptional ETF dataset quality, while analyzing and simulating proposed improvements
- Contribute to tasks and projects that support the firm's broader ETF initiatives
- Degree in a STEM discipline preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as a software engineer on a trading desk
- Advanced Python programming skills. C++ experience a plus
- Comfortable navigating Linux/Unix shell environments
- Software engineering experience on a trading desk dealing in ETFs or similar delta-one derivatives e.g. index futures or index total return swaps (TRS)
- Keen eye for detail and experience with financial datasets crucial to trading strategies.
- Composed and agile under pressure, with the ability to manage projects with diverse timelines and rapidly shifting priorities
- Driven, inquisitive, and takes initiative to transform complex ideas into reality
- Strong communication skills and a can-do attitude are essential
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.