Hudson River Trading (HRT) is looking for a highly motivated accounting professional with a background in financial services to be a contributing member of the US Regulatory and External Reporting teams. You’ll have a unique and impactful opportunity to collaborate and learn various accounting functions within the company including US regulatory reporting and monitoring, and external financial reporting preparation and analysis. In addition, you will help to build and enhance the current reporting framework and partner with developers to design and implement tools/reports relating to various regulatory and financial reporting processes. In this role, you’ll partner with teams across the firm, including Legal, FinStrat, Tax, FP&A and Expense Management, Legal Entity Control, Product Control, Business Development, and Compliance.
- Prepare regulatory reports (FOCUS, SIPC, etc.) for US broker-dealers in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Prepare annual financial statements and footnotes for entities across the globe using US GAAP, IFRS, and any other applicable standards
- Perform ongoing regulatory & accounting research (SEC, FINRA, US GAAP, IFRS), form conclusions, and write memos related to both regulatory and financial reporting pronouncements utilized by our CFO, Controller, FINOP, and auditors
- Liaise with external parties to provide any scheduled requests or ad-hoc financial data to complete their procedures
- Manage the production of required deliverables for auditors, CFO, Controller, Partners, and other external parties for both scheduled and ad hoc projects
- Review daily net capital on an ongoing basis
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing cross functional operational and reporting processes
- Implement new ERP software
- Work with relational databases and generate automated reports requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; excellent understanding of US GAAP
- 1.5 - 4 years of accounting experience; Big 4 or large national firm experience preferred
- A CPA license will be required (must have passed at least 3 of the 4 sections by the date of application, with intent/requirement to pass the last section)
- Financial services and/or broker-dealer experience preferred; familiarity with SEA Rule 15c3-1 a plus
- You’re a Microsoft Excel wizard; VBA/SQL experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical aptitude
- Strong understanding of the control environment
- Ability to navigate multiple deadlines under quick turnaround times
Annual base salary range of $90,000 to $120,000. Pay (base and bonus) may vary depending on job-related skills and experience. A sign-on and discretionary performance bonus may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to company-paid medical and/or other benefits.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.