Here at Hometap, we’re collaborative, passionate, and always ready to roll up our sleeves to create solutions that help people get more out of homeownership — and out of life. Our first product, a home equity investment, gives homeowners the opportunity to quickly access the equity they’ve built in their home to pay for what’s most important to them, from handling debt to finally making much-needed renovations, without taking on debt.
We work hard, and have some fun along the way, too. You don’t have to take our word for it: The Boston Globe and Comparably have recognized us as a great place to work, and we’ve been honored for our commitment to innovation in the fintech space by Inc., HousingWire, and more!
In case you need any more convincing, we also provide competitive compensation, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a generous share package, and a strong culture with plenty of opportunities for team-building and camaraderie.
Interested in joining us on our mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible? We’d love to talk.
Who You Are:
The Hometap Finance team is focused on contributing to the growth and success of Hometap Equity Partners and its associated investment vehicles. The team provides accurate, timely, and insightful financial reporting & analysis; serves as a collaborative, trusted, business partner to internal stakeholders to promote efficiency and scalability; works with prospective and current capital partners to deliver an A+ experience; and uses data-driven insights to inform financial and operational decisions across the organization.
The Senior Finance Associate’s primary responsibilities will be to ensure the smooth operation of our funds and other investment vehicles. This role will report to the Director of Capital Market Operations and work closely with our Capital, Accounting, Data Engineering, and Business Operation teams. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with experience in asset management who is looking to join a growing, dynamic company at the forefront of a new asset class!
What you’ll do:
- Work with Legal, Capital, and Operations teams to launch new investment vehicles, including GP/LP funds, JVs, warehouse lines, securitizations, term financing, etc.
- Track and forecast investment and other fund activity to determine capital requirements
- Monitor and manage capital activity (capital calls, line of credit advances, distributions, and line of credit paydowns) to ensure Hometap is able to meet investment commitments while maintaining an optimal capital structure
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of borrowing bases (eligibility and concentration criteria), covenant calculations, and reporting for our debt facilities
- Coordinate with Hometap’s external third-party fund administrator on quarterly pricing, fund financials, and investor statements
- Communicate professionally with our equity and debt capital partners
What you bring:
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in asset-backed lending or asset management
- Ability to operate in a fast-growing, dynamic environment
- Comfort with borrowing bases and covenant tracking, with a desire to be responsible for timely, accurate, and smooth operation of all Hometap investment vehicles
- Curiosity and strong critical thinking skills; able to get up to speed quickly on new topics and produce succinct and insightful analysis
- Highly proficient in Excel (e.g. complex formulas, macros, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with evidenced ability to work well with business partners and external stakeholders
Hometap is on a mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our home equity investment product provides homeowners with a fast, simple, and straightforward way to access the equity in their home without taking out a loan or having to sell. By investing alongside homeowners, Hometap offers debt-free cash in exchange for a share of their home’s future value — all without any monthly payments or interest over the life of the investment. Through a combination of financial innovation and best-in-class customer service, Hometap enables people to get more from homeownership so they can get more from life.
Hometap believes that our differences are what bring us together, and one of our biggest priorities is creating a diverse workplace that welcomes and values each team member’s unique perspective, background, and ideas. All roles here are filled based solely on candidates’ qualifications and our business needs.
Hometap is based in Boston, but will consider remote work for this position; however, the position must be performed in the United States entirely outside of Colorado.