QuantSpark is a data science and analytics consultancy based in London. Our mission is to create strategic value for our clients through advanced analytics. We deeply care about the commercial impact of our work and this entrepreneurial approach informs everything we do. Our clients include major UK retailors, big tech companies, private equity firms, the United Nations and many more prestigious international organisations.
The work we do is hugely impactful and engaging, but it’s our talented team which is our greatest asset; we take pride in providing a transparent, collaborative environment where colleagues are supported, empowered, and encouraged to reach their full potential.
This is a rewarding role for an experienced and passionate Finance Manager to continue building-out our finance capabilities.
You'll be joining at an exciting time as we continue our scale-up journey throughout 2023. We are excited to receive your application and can’t wait to tell you more about our thriving bright, collaborative, and dynamic organisation.
You will be primarily managing and continuously improving the finance function within the business. Utilising your extensive finance background, you will be responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure there is considerable financial sophistication applied throughout the business.
As QuantSpark’s Finance Manager you will:
- Wear many hats and work cross functionally within the business.
- Build upon the existing corporate finance and commercial accounting capabilities within QuantSpark.
- Be first point of contact with external fractional finance, legal and compliance partners.
- Provide full-stack Finance leadership to the organisation. In addition to ensuring proper controls and cost management practices are implemented, you will also incorporate your strong understanding of financial modelling to benefit business decisions.
- Champion an automation mindset throughout the finance department, always be looking for the best way to automate repetitive task and/or reports
Experience and skills required
As our Finance Manager you will be required to have a clear, in-depth knowledge of corporate finance and controllership functions:
- You have run Finance functions or held senior roles within small but fast-growing start-up business environments.
- You have demonstrable experience of being a proven strategic, creative and flexible leader, able to identify and implement new ways of working, seize unexpected opportunities and encourage and develop these skills in others.
- You have created a finance business-partner-centric team with multiple areas of a business (tech, commercial, etc) and are passionate about making Finance approachable and out-ward facing.
- Familiarity with dramatically scaling a business.
- Exceptional finance understanding – building complex and sophisticated financial models comes naturally.
- Strong ability to interpret decisive narratives from financial data and modelling, and effectively communicate findings to key stakeholders.
- EMI hare Options scheme from day one.
- £6,000 per annum training & conference budget.
- Year 2 & 3 Anniversary bonuses
- Ability to work from abroad for up to one month each year.
- Top tier Private Healthcare with Vitality on us.
- Numerous, perks, discounts, and rewards with major retailers, gym memberships, technology and travel partners.
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays – 33 days off per year in total.
- 8% pension contributions.
- Optional monthly socials, dinners, and fun nights out.
- A fully stocked supply of breakfast, fruit, and refreshments for the days when you are in the office.
What the team say
Joining a new company can be equal parts daunting and exciting, it can be hard to tell if an organisation will be right for you, here are some snippets of recent feedback from our team members:
- “The careers website gives a very accurate representation of life at QuantSpark, but you have to live it to truly understand just how great it is here. Surrounded by incredibly talented people who are passionate about their work, everyone is super friendly, and lots of opportunities to get stuck in. The organisation clearly cares about the team and there is definitely electricity in the air of very promising things to come.”
- “What I like about my position is that I am doing something I am genuinely passionate about, which makes coming to work significantly more enjoyable. I also like the flexibility with regards to working from the office and from home.”
- “Diversity of thought is genuinely valued in a way you don't often see in the workplace. There is a culture of trust and a flat hierarchy that allows our team to leverage the benefits of diversity beyond slogans and statistics and become a high-performing team.”
- “It's a very supportive environment and the communication is very good. It really feels like you belong with the team from day one. The regular socials are great too, there's no chance of ever feeling left out!”
QuantSpark is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.