Hudson River Trading (HRT) is looking for a hands-on and passionate Incident Response Lead to join our growing Security Team! While leading the Security Operations team at HRT, a typical day could include creating and automating security alerts, further improving our ability to detect and track known vulnerabilities. There’s a lot to do, and you’ll have the unique opportunity to focus on a wide range of operational projects while owning and strategically impacting all of HRT’s global cyber security systems.
- Architect and run HRT’s security detection and response program to protect HRT’s data and IP from both internal and external threats
- Hunt for, detect, and respond to malicious activity and anomalous events on devices and networks
- Develop tools to automate this detection and automatically find and address future vulnerabilities
- Construct pipelines for data security and regularly clean and analyze the data for signs of vulnerability and compromise
- Collaborate closely with our end user support team on investigations, vulnerability scanning across endpoints, responding to end user issues, and responding to software approval requests
- Create and maintain HRT’s data loss prevention rules
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships internally within HRT and externally with vendors
- 7+ years of experience in cyber security, with specific experience in security operations and vulnerability management
- 2+ years of people management experience
- High EQ; ability to empathize, reassure, and respond to sensitive incidents with compassion, professionalism, and clarity
- Elasticsearch experience required - log analysis on the command line
- Experience with threat intelligence, threat detection and threat hunting, especially in automating both
- Experience with Linux (Debian is a huge plus), macOS, and Windows forensics
- Python Scripting experience - you’ll have to pass a technical interview!
- Experience with basic data science for anomaly detection
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- Willingness to work an on-call rotation
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.