MarketAxess is on a journey to digitally transform one of the world’s largest financial markets, enabling the shift from analog, phone-based trading to a fully electronic marketplace. Why does this matter? Because our platform makes trading fixed-income more accessible, ultimately improving transparency, efficiency, and competition in the marketplace. Changing the way an established industry transacts is no easy feat. There will be twists and turns, because no one’s ever done this before. But now, more than 2,000 clients around the world rely on our solutions, and that number is only expected to grow in the years ahead. We know where we’re going. How we get there is up to us. Join us and help Take Us There.
We are seeking a Lead UI Engineer with deep expertise in Frontend Architecture and High-Performance Modern Web App Development to join our UI Platform Modernization team. This team is responsible for building the foundational components of our flagship HTMP 5 Trading App. This is hands on role and will be responsible for developing – as well as leading engineering team members in implementation of core UI Platform deliverables. You will be working closely with other FE and BE team members in proposing & implementing the solutions. You will be establishing & leading with meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions.
You should be passionate about technology, software engineering, quality, and innovatively addressing business problems. You will work with the team to collaborate on software solutions and ensure exceptional software engineering practices, quality, and good documentation. It's essential to be willing to take on new skills to meet the shifting demands of accelerating our modernization efforts to the public cloud and Kubernetes world. A critical success factor is being viewed as a trusted partner and collaborator, including business and technology stakeholders.
We embrace a culture of collaboration and experimentation while striving and encouraging all team members to focus on continuous improvement and learning. We openly welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions and prior ways of working. Otherwise, how do we innovate, learn and grow as a team and individuals?
How You’ll Help Take Us There
- Work with your engineering team throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software development & releases
- develop, document, and regulate systems to resolve problems identified through testing so that the software can meet the end-user's needs
- Provide technical leadership and guidance around test first development model
- Design & enhance new global fixed income e-trading platform
- Be part of a scrum team comprised of skilled technology professionals with the goal to revolutionize the credit and corporate bond markets
- Implement and support products/initiatives from infancy to maturity
- Work closely with enterprise architects, product managers
- Be a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices, writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Transform business ideas into highly utilized features and services for our customers
- Manage teams and projects to meet deadlines
- Establish technical standards for developing and testing software
- Train and mentor team members
- Assist with testing software and troubleshooting issues
- Meet with team members to come up with software solutions
- Optimize and maintain existing software
- Recommend tech upgrades to company leaders
What We’re Looking For
- Highly motivated Software Engineer/Architect
- 12+ years minimum of progressive software development experience
- Proven experience in MicroFrontends, Modern React and Financial Data Visualisation Components(eg. AG-Grid, AdapTable, HighCharts)
- 3+ Years of experience in developing Desktop-native solutions (OpenFin, FinSemble, Interop.io, Electron, PWA)
- 5+ years of experience designing and building applications using streaming at enterprise scale.
- 3+ years of experience with Strongly Typed API Schemas(GraphQL, GRPC, )
- Experience building high-performance modern Web Applications
- Strong knowledge of functional and object-oriented design patterns
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customer.
- Understanding of Agile software development and operating model and understanding of Product Specialist and Product Manager roles
- Exceptional problem resolution skills
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and team communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members and colleagues across the organization, as well as open attitude about sharing work-in-progress and developing ideas from both yourself and others.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- AWS certification (Solutions Architect/Developer) preferred.
- Front office trading is a plus.
What You Can Expect from Us
- Central Location: based at our city offices near St Paul's.
- Free Food: We provide lunch each day of the week when the employee attends the office via our vendor Feedr as well as breakfast cereals, office snacks and drinks from our free vending machines
- Paid Time Off: 25 days annual leave entitlement plus 2 charity days
- Reward for your service: We offer a two-week bonus holiday after completing each 5 years of service
- Core benefits: Besides competitive standard benefits package we offer private medical (PMI) for family, Cash Plan, health screenings, dental cover, 6X life assurance, critical illness cover, income protection, pension, car leasing (Tusker electronic cars), reimbursement for wellness stipend, interest free season ticket loan and a “Share Incentive” plan
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: Benefit from on-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences
Collaboration and innovation are integral to our success – it's how we got to where we are and how we’ll maintain and grow our competitive advantage. We believe this best happens in an office environment. Employees in Technology work in the office 2 or more days a week. This approach still allows for flexibility depending on the business function you work within but also helps us maintain a collaborative office environment long-term.
MarketAxess Privacy Notice for Candidates
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants