At CHOC, we strive to be the leading destination of children’s health by providing exceptional and innovative care. We are responsible for the overall health of our community’s pediatric population in our hospitals, clinics, and practices. And because of our breadth of care, your career at CHOC can be as diverse and fulfilling as you determine. CHOC’s compensation structure, benefits offerings, and career development programs are geared to helping you achieve your professional and personal goals. Apply now to see where your career at CHOC can take you.
The Manager of Care Management & Social Services is accountable for managing the personnel and financial resources including the day-to-day operations, staff performance, education, and budgetary monitoring. Ensures that quality care is provided according to policies and procedures, that patient flow/placement is efficient, and that daily staffing needs are met to assure the highest quality care, safety and satisfaction. Provides leadership for the clinical and administrative functions of the department.
Minimum $61.84 Midpoint $81.94 Maximum $102.03
Rate of pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to knowledge, skills, competencies, experience, education, as well as position requirements.
• Required: Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience with at least three (3) years in case management or social services. One (1) year of experience managing the function in the healthcare industry.
• Preferred: Seven (7) years of previous clinical and management experience in an acute medical facility. Previous clinical experience in pediatrics.
• Required: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) OR Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work.
• Preferred: Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN).
• Required: None required.
• Required: Ability to set goals and judge results in accordance with the highest standard; care with sensitivity and respect; advance care through development of new ideas and technology; promote teamwork to achieve CHOC's mission; and understand and exceed customer expectations. Written and verbal communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Strong analytical and organization skills; excellent critical thinking, judgment, and problem-solving skills to understand and anticipate the impact and opportunities across multiple critical projects. Proficient literacy in Windows applications, especially Excel and Word. Demonstrated strength in building and articulating a vision and setting goals. Ability to build and establish positive relationships with stakeholders and staff at all levels. Experience managing multiple projects while maintaining exceptional customer service standards. Experience presenting findings / recommendations to Executive level audiences. Intermediate or advanced computer, spreadsheet, & database skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal relationship and collaboration skills.
• Preferred: Intermediate or advanced computer, spreadsheet, & database skills.
• Required: Licensed Registered Nurse - CA (RN) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker - CA (LCSW); RQI Responder – American Heart Association. Ped Emerg Assess Recog & Stabil (PEARS); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
Work Environments - Functional Demand:
Light - Moderate energy level Lift and carry 25-35 lbs. Push/pull 50-100 lbs. (ie. empty bed, stretcher).
Physical Activity Requirements:
Bending, Carry Objects, Climbing, Keyboard use/repetitive motion, Pinching/fine motor activities, Push/Pull, Reaching forward, Reaching overhead, Sitting, Squat/kneel/crawl (Squad & Knee), Standing, Talk or hear, Taste or smell, Twisting, Walking, Wrist position deviation
Physical Activity Lifting
Lifting (Floor to waist level) - Constant 67 or more%, Lifting (Floor to waist level) - Frequent 36-66%, Lifting (Floor to waist level) - Occasional 0-35%, Lifting (Waist level and above) - Constant 67 or more%, Lifting (Waist level and above) - Frequent 36-66%, Lifting (Waist level and above) - Occasional 0-35%
Color Discrimination, Depth Perception, Far Vision, Hearing, Near Vision
Airborn Communicable Disease, Bloodborne Pathogens, Chemical, Dust Particular Matter, Extreme Noise Levels, Extreme Temperatures, Radiation, Uneven Surfaces or Elevations