Manager, Platform Engineering
As an organization…
Our mission is to help our clients ensure lifelong optimal health for their patients and members, measurably improve quality scores, and strengthen business results. EnlivenHealth™ is a division of Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL), a leading provider of medication management solutions and adherence tools for healthcare systems and pharmacies
As a team…
We are an enabler to help expedite innovation and ensure our customers have a world class experience with our applications. We are here to help the organization build modern products using cutting edge tools, technologies, and paradigms.
Your team will be…
· Enabling the core AWS platform services for our organization to consume
· Promoting a serverless and native first approach to our AWS implementation
· Helping the organization transform into a modern product engineering organization
· Delivering infrastructure as code in an agile environment
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be…
· Highly motivated, driven & hard working
· Not afraid to fail
· A true believer in cloud native and continuous deployment
· Comfortable with scripting & using a Git repo for code management
· Able to work independently and clearly present results
· Experienced working with CI/CD in the enterprise
· A team player. We have a great group of diverse folks working together in harmony. Big egos and “super heroes” need not apply.
· An emotionally intelligent, strong leader capable of building a high-performance team
- Able to balance the need to deliver key features to an aggressive schedule while maintaining an intelligent, forward looking strategy
- Able to mentor & influence others, you will need to help define and evolve our architecture while building a highly collaborative environment across our organization
- Lead a team of 5-8 engineers
- Provide technical and organizational leadership
- Hold your own in a technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- Provide employee development, team building, coaching, and mentoring
- Implement the key corporate values of customer focus, accountability, performance, and integrity
- Collaborate with application and business stakeholders to ensure high-quality product is developed and deployed in production.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and experience guiding teams
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Clear understanding of Agile development practices
- Ability to mentor and grow junior engineers
- Core engineering expertise – networking, IaaS, PaaS, DNS, TLS, CI/CD, GitOps, DevSecOps
- Experience working within a PHI environment is nice to have
- Experience working with modern cloud software solutions and paradigms is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; may consider relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- 12+ years’ experience in software engineering with a degree; 16+ years’ experience in software engineering / system administration in lieu of a degree
- 5 years experience with AWS
- 3-5 years experience as a tech lead or people manager for a 3+ person team
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- AWS Solutions Architects Professional Certificate
- Experience of GitOps principals.
- Experience implementing secure and compliant Kubernetes platforms.
- Experience deploying and managing stateful distributed service in Kubernetes.
- Experience implementing secure techniques related to Regulatory Compliance (SOC2, HiTrust, HIPAA)
- Experience with intrusion detection systems.
- Extensive experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Working knowledge of GitLab, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, SonarQube, ArgoCD, Artifactory, and / or DataDog
- Work from home
- Ability to travel, if required.
To protect our employees and those who spend time at our facilities, and as may be required by our customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption from Omnicell as an accommodation for a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Omnicell is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer Males/Females/Disabled/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so that they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-of-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients - one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.