CommandBar is a platform for helping software companies make their software easier to use (aka a “user assistance platform”).
How many times have you been frustrated by software?
Maybe you didn’t know how to make the software do what you wanted, so you had to wade through pages and pages of support documentation to figure it out. Or suffer through a sassy chatbot. Or worst of all, maybe you were bombarded by a bunch of unhelpful pop-ups prompting you to TAKE A TOUR and CHECK OUT WHATS NEW.
These unhelpful experiences (the help center, the chatbot, the popups) are trying to solve a real problem — we use so many tools today that it’s hard to master every one. But sadly these techniques for helping users are ineffective and annoying.
CommandBar makes any software product simpler, faster, and personalized.
We do this by embedding experiences in our customers’ products that actually guide and assist users. Some of these work by capturing the users’ input directly and responding with personalized results (like a custom walkthrough or a clip from a training video). Others work by proactively nudging users (but only when we think they’re likely to find it helpful).
Today, CommandBar serves over 15M end users from forward-thinking SaaS companies like Gusto, Hashicorp, Netlify, Freshworks, and AngelList.
Despite that big number, we're a small team that's just beginning to grow, which means tons of opportunities to do trajectory-altering work (for the company’s trajectory and your own). If you're inspired to upgrade how humans use software, come join!
You’re probably really talented. Why should you take your talents to CommandBar? Here are reasons we think working with us is uniquely high impact — on the world and your career.
- Our ratio of impact on the world is high (and we intend to keep it that way).
- There is a lot of room to grow and lead teams (if you’re into that) as we scale. A lot of the roles that we are hiring for are the first in the function so you’ll need to bring 0 to 1 energy.
- We're on the forefront of new technologies, including new developments in AI (which we use heavily to power our product).
- The team we’ve assembled so far is world-class — talented, curious, kind, and obsessed with building delightful, fast, simple software.
The main reasons for joining CommandBar are belief in our product and the opportunities for growth described above. That said, our benefits are pretty sweet 🙂 Overall, we believe in benefits that respect individual choice and reflect the fact that optimizing your life outside of work leads to better performance at work.
The salary range for this role is $55,000 to $75,000, plus equity.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible PTO with a 3-week minimum
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance for you, and 50% for your dependents
- 12 weeks of parental leave for all parents
- 401k with matching
- A learning and development budget
- A generous 'Make Your Life Easier' stipend
- A home office budget
- 3x/year all together including 2 onsites at our office in San Francisco and 1 offsite at a fun 🌴 location!
Operations @ CommandBar
This role will give you a front row seat to how business operations is run at a growth stage start-up. If you want to forge a career in startups, or maybe start your own one day, this role will give you exposure to pretty much every aspect of company building.
You’ll work directly with Manaan, our Operations lead, across all functions, including: HR, Finance, Legal/Compliance, Revenue Operations, and Customer Support.
In this role, you will not only maintain our existing 0 —> 1 processes but suggest and execute on improvements. Additionally, you will always be on the lookout for areas of optimization or new initiatives the Ops team should be taking on.
This role presents a unique opportunity for a candidate who is excited about getting broad visibility into every aspect of a high-growth, scaling startup. It is ideal for a “generalist” who likes to tackle complex business problems. This individual will work cross-functionally with EPD (engineering, product, and design), GTM (go-to-market), and leadership.
What will you do, generally - a non-exhaustive list:
- Lead the development, improvement, and management of operational processes, like collecting bills from customers, keeping a pulse on team productivity, and more.
- Drive internal data accuracy and improved reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Generate comprehensive reporting and dashboards to support data-driven decision-making
- Consistently update and maintain employee records, vendor contracts, and other important business documents
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws/regulation; maintains compliance with SOC2, GDPR, and HIPAA compliance items
- Support during annual SOC2 audit
- Research projects to support operations and company initiatives
What a random day might look like:
- Schedule a set of final round interviews for a candidate
- Research how to get more AWS free credits so we can save a bit of money 😊
- Review tests and controls in Vanta, our security and compliance management platform.
- Resolve ops related tickets
- Create internal tickets to the appropriate team member (e.g. an engineer) to take action and resolve the issue.
- Acquire and compare quotes for business insurance renewal
- Find me that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning
What will help you succeed?
- Quick learner and highly adaptable. Learning is a never-ending process for you. You enjoy learning and can pick up on new concepts and tools quickly. You are also open and can adapt easily to new processes and ways of thinking. We’re in our early stages and we value team members who can move fast and be data-driven.
- Organized multitasker. Your organizational skills help you to move easily among different tasks and to prioritize your work, conducting tasks ranging from research to execution to maintenance. You’re a highly organized multitasker who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive problem-solving. You don’t just spot gaps; you fill them. You’re not afraid to take initiative and propose new ideas and improvements.
- Great attitude and communication skills. No job is too small and you take pride in your work, even if no one is there to see it. You communicate clearly and empathetically in writing and verbally. You build trust with team members through active listening, follow through, and open communication. You treat feedback, giving and receiving, as a gift and you work well with others.
- #StartupVibes. Excitement about joining an early stage start-up and wearing multiple hats. This is not a good role for someone looking for extreme clarity on what they will be working on one quarter from now 😁 but if drinking from the firehose excites you, this is the role for you 👑
Tools we use
(it’s okay if you’re not familiar with these but if you are, that’s great too!):
- HR: Gusto, Deel, Certn, Human Interest, Ashby
- Finance: Excel, Google Sheets, Equals, Pry, Ramp, QBO
- Security: Vanta
- RevOps: Salesforce, Hubspot, Outreach, 6Sense, Apollo, Rattle, Gong, Zoom
- Customer Support: Intercom, Thena, Front
- General: Slack, GSuite, Notion, Excel