Tasked with the smooth daily operation of our global PostTrade platform, our PostTrade team is vital to keeping Hudson River Trading (HRT) at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading. Encompassing the firm’s Global Funding & Clearing, Middle Office, and Product Control teams, PostTrade helps optimize our existing trading and enable new trading.
We’re looking for a PostTrade Strategy Analyst to improve our current processes while building out new solutions to seamlessly trade on an even wider range of asset classes, exchanges, and products. You will work closely with the PostTrade Tech team to build the infrastructure required to support these new trading opportunities and optimize our existing setup.
Being a member of the PostTrade team at HRT means working on a tight-knit, highly productive team. We're looking for someone who loves utilizing technology and automation tools to work on a wide scope of operational projects. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
- Research and deploy best-in-class industry standards for trade lifecycle controls and technologies
- Develop scalable onboarding processes to reduce go-to-market time for new initiatives globally
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement and support new global strategic trading opportunities
- Maintain global valuation policy, perform daily and month-end mark reviews, and produce and present a valuation package periodically to the Valuation Committee
- Evaluate existing processes, relationships, and systems to identify opportunities for improvement, automation, and growth within HRT’s PostTrade functions
- Collaborate with development teams to optimize PostTrade’s cataloging and ingestion of external data to facilitate consolidated and standardized sources for uses in reconciliation, reporting and analytics
- Extensive knowledge of the trade lifecycle, financial instruments, and the global trading landscape
- 5+ years in a hands-on operational role supporting OTC trading; the ideal candidate will have a mix of buy-side and sell-side experience
- Global understanding of the role that prime brokers play at a multi-strategy trading firm, and the ability to build new and strengthen existing relationships with prime brokers to facilitate platform needs and act in the best interests of HRT
- Ability to interact with technical and nontechnical stakeholders on complex problems, from internal developers building trading systems to external vendors on the sell-side
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to foster a collaborative work environment with a “no task too small” attitude
Annual base salary range of $150,000 to $200,000. Pay (base and bonus) may vary depending on job-related skills and experience. A sign-on and discretionary performance bonus may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to company-paid medical and/or other benefits.I-DB2
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.