Product Support Engineer
- Providing technical direction and assistance to our partners and customers regarding their use of the Boomi Platform (and all its core elements).
- Assistance with identifying root causes for issues reported by our customers.
- Work closely with customers and collaborate internally with our Engineering, Product Management, and Technical Architecture teams to help address issues for customers with larger scale, higher volume, and unique integration requirements.
- Handle initial escalations for support cases with potential for high impact and visibility across the organization.
- Coach other support engineers on difficult technical integration issues and actively participate in our community, leveraging your skills and experience to provide further support to our community members.
- Prioritize and manage escalated issues with our internal development teams.
- As this is a customer facing role, strong communication and presentation skills along with customer empathy is paramount. You will need to be able to manage customer expectations, set priorities, and communicate complex technical issues across a wide audience with technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Experience as a support engineer or junior developer, with a demonstrated passion for helping customers solve complex integration problems.
- Ability to design, optimize, and integrate business processes.
- A passion to solve customer problems using your refined communication skills to coach and train customers on the Boomi platform.
- Experience with enterprise integration tools that can be used to extend the team’s knowledge.
- Motivated individuals who enjoy a fast-paced work environment and understand that the SaaS culture requires creativity, collaboration, fast decision making and a sense of urgency.
- Having experience with any of the following would support your success with working with our platform:
+ SQL and XML technologies
+ SOAP/REST and HTTP
+ Experience in connecting and working with different APIs.
+ Basic scripting languages (Java, Java Script, React, Groovy)
+ Demonstrated deployments of enterprise software systems and SaaS using industry standard environments including XML, HTTP/HTTPS, Java, C++, and ASP.
+ Experience with Windows/Linux servers.
+ Experience with Orchestration and Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
+ Practical understanding of basic networking concepts and protocols such as Firewalls, Load Balancers, TLS, HTTP/S, SSL, TCP/IP, S/FTP
+ Practical experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting software applications running in the Cloud. Preferred experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
+ Application integration development or process design.