QuantSpark is a data science and analytics consultancy based in London. Our mission is to create strategic value for our clients. We deeply care about the commercial impact of our work and this entrepreneurial approach informs everything we do.
Yes, the work is hugely impactful and engaging, but it’s our talented team which is our greatest asset; we take pride in providing a collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to grow their career.
You’ll be joining at a hugely exciting time, with plenty of opportunities to be involved in shaping the direction of our fast-scaling organisation.
The Analytics Engineering Team sits at the interface between our Software Engineering and Analytics Consulting teams, and, in general, tries to blend skills from across these disciplines. Members of the team serve a pivotal role in our cross-functional delivery teams, assisting with the design and creation of complex analytical features, whilst also helping to facilitate effective communication across the team.
The team specialises in a range of areas:
- Creating and optimising foundational data infrastructure e.g., datawarehouse design, creation of automated ETL/ELT pipelines, data modelling, etc.
- Developing and integrating well tested production-grade analytics code into the applications we build for our larger clients
- Leveraging state of the art modelling approaches to develop predictive analytics solutions which help our clients make better business decisions
Members of the team have the option of specialising in any of these core areas or can focus their efforts picking up generalist skills from across them all.
For this role specifically, we are looking for a Data Engineering specialist with demonstrable experience building robust, performant data pipelines, preferably within the Financial Services sector. You will support clients from this sector to define a clear vision for their data strategy & develop a roadmap of activities to deliver.
In this role, you will:
- Work with key strategic clients within asset management and financial services to deliver ROI through key data projects, including the design and implementation of python based ETL pipelines, and the design of effective data architectures.
- Work in partnership with technical and non-technical client stakeholders to understand their needs and advise on the appropriate solutions and choices.
- Manage your projects so that they are delivered on time by creating timelines, identifying risks, and prioritising critical paths.
- Engage collaboratively with client technical teams to conform to and extend technical standards and guidelines.
- Serve as an advocate for best practices in software development and data management across the company.
- Assist in the management and development of the team through coaching, performance management, and goal setting.
🌟 Advanced in ETL/ELT data pipelining and schema design, with demonstrable experience designing and implementing robust, performant data pipelines from a variety of sources such as databases, APIs, SFTP, etc.
🌟 Experience in data ingestion and QA pipelines that involve humans in the loop.
🌟 Advanced coding skills in Python (Pandas) within large datasets.
🌟 Experience integrating well tested production-level code into large codebases, with expertise in version control for collaborating within large codebases and for managing code across different environments.
🌟 Experience in analytics consulting working with financial services clients, or an in-house model/data engineering role within financial services, eg asset management, retail/investment banking.
🌟 Excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, demonstrated with the ability to establish working relationships at all levels of an organisation. Strong documentation and written communication skills.
🌟 Ability to learn on the job in a dynamic environment where you embrace change and take on diverse challenges with a proactive and resilient attitude.
🌟 Evidence of high academic achievement in a STEM discipline.
The following skills are not required but would be beneficial:
- Experience building ELT pipelines using tools such as dbt and Airflow
- Experience working with Snowflake would be advantageous
- Experience working with key financial analytics data vendors (e.g. Bloomberg, S&P, CapitalIQ)
- Familiarity of working with backend architecture for creating and managing containerised applications
- Experience working with semi-structured data (JSON, NoSQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with building and productionising Machine Learning model pipelines
💸 £63,500 - £77,500 DOE
💸 Anniversary bonuses applicable on both year 2 and 3
💸 EMI options scheme
💡 Huge monthly training & conference budget to help you upskill and develop your career (£6,000 per year)
📈 6 monthly appraisals and 12 monthly pay reviews
💰 Pension contribution scheme (8% overall)
🏡 Flexible hours policy and hybrid working; work from home or our office
🌍 Option to work from abroad for up to 20 working days each year
🏥Top-tier private healthcare (including mental wellbeing)
🏖 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
💚 Opportunity to work on social impact & pro bono strategy projects
🏏 Optional quarterly socials, dinners, and fun nights out
🥐 A fully stocked supply of breakfast, fruit, and refreshments for the days when you are in the office
What our team says
Joining a new company can be equal parts daunting and exciting, it can be hard to tell if a company will be right for you. To give you a feel of what it's like to work at QuantSpark, here are some snippets of recent feedback from our team members:
- “QuantSpark hasn't just met my expectations, it's far exceeded them. I feel good about getting up to start my days, finding out what other people are up to, and carrying on with my own work. I feel like everyone is pulling together, in the same direction, to make the company progress.”
- "QuantSpark has a great culture where team members are fully empowered to lead the way in their roles. I believe this type of environment allows employees to learn new skills and quickly begin to thrive.”
- “Diversity of thought is genuinely valued in a way you don't often see in the workplace. There is a culture of trust and a flat hierarchy that allows our team to leverage the benefits of diversity beyond slogans and statistics and become a high-performing team.”
QuantSpark is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.