MarketAxess is on a journey to digitally transform one of the world’s largest financial markets, enabling the shift from analog, phone-based trading to a fully electronic marketplace. Why does this matter? Because our platform makes trading fixed-income more accessible, ultimately improving transparency, efficiency, and competition in the marketplace. Changing the way an established industry transacts is no easy feat. There will be twists and turns, because no one’s ever done this before. But now, more than 2,000 clients around the world rely on our solutions, and that number is only expected to grow in the years ahead. We know where we’re going. How we get there is up to us. Join us and help Take Us There.
As an analyst in our Sales Training Program, you will rotate through each of our core sales teams to build the knowledge and relationships that will be the foundation of your career. As part of each team, you will learn the intricacies of our technology and how we partner with our customers to support trading across markets and regions. Pending successful program completion, you will be eligible to join our Sales Associate Program at the end of the training program.
The program will help you build a strong network both internally and externally. You will be working alongside everyone from your fellow analysts to our senior management team in support of our customers. Our partners range from the largest institutional investors (including the world’s top 100 asset management firms, mutual funds, pension funds, insurance companies, hedge funds, and others) to the top global dealers (a broad global network of 150+ firms including Barclays, Citigroup Capital Markets, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan and many others).
How You'll Help Take Us There
- Build a network and knowledge that affords you access to our sales team and their customer base. Rotations through our various sales team and product areas - investment grade, high yield, emerging markets, municipal bonds, rates, and client services.
- Strategize alongside our sales team as they create and deliver external messaging.
- Create and run reports on platform data, analyze performance and build presentations.
- Receive an overview of MarketAxess and our role in the financial markets through formal classroom training. In-depth training on our proprietary trading platform
- Embrace globalization: Collaborate with your colleagues across regions and offices while working on a group project. Our group project will give you exposure to our largest upcoming initiatives and allow you to contribute to building our business.
- Conduct weekly mock demos and aid in prospecting new customers.
- Attend meetings and events with our existing sales team, ex: weekly update meetings, client calls, semi-annual strategy and goal setting meetings.
- Complete requisite FINRA General Securities Representative Examinations (SIE, Series 7 and 63).
What We're Looking for
- All majors considered although a bachelor's degree in finance, Economics, or Professional Sales is preferred, graduating in May 2024
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States permanently without employment visa sponsorship required now or in the future.
- Passion for client interaction, relationship management and business development
- Strong results orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What You Can Expect from Us
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Employer Provided Food: Free lunch is delivered to all employees when in the office. Offices are always stocked with free snacks and drinks.
- Paid time off: Competitive PTO package including vacation days, sick leave, charity leave and parental leave.
- 401(k): Dollar-for-dollar employer match up to $10K
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Participate in our tax advantaged ESPP and purchase MarketAxess common stock.
- Health Insurance: Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision programs
- Wellness Stipend: Up to $1K annually towards gym memberships, home office equipment and more
- Onsite Healthcare: Convenient access to world-class care through Mount Sinai at our Hudson Yards location
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: We want to empower your continued growth and development. On-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences are available to all employees.
- Bonus Eligibility: Based on corporate and individual performance.
For job positions in NYC, NY, and other locations where required, the estimated salary for a new hire into this position is $70,000 USD base with eligibility for OT. Actual salary may vary depending on job-related factors, which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for annual cash incentives, equity and other benefit programs.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MarketAxess Privacy Notice for Candidates
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants