The SAP Developer III will be part of a high performing and dynamic Information Services & Technology (IS&T) organization providing innovative solutions utilizing SAP tools and technologies. This position is open to remote or hybrid work schedule, to be discussed during the interview.
Typical activities will include:
- Working in a collaborative environment with clients and functional analysts to deliver robust solutions that follow SAP best practices
- Design and development of SAP coding solutions
- Participating in project implementations
- Monitoring, prioritizing, and working on product backlogs and support tickets
- Strategic analysis and technical design documentation based on business requirements
- Contribute to SAP Technology and roadmap planning
- The SAP Developer III will possess and demonstrate an advanced level of development competency in multiple SAP disciplines such as, but not limited to: ABAP OO, Fiori UI5, ABAP Web Dynpro, SAP Workflow, SAP Web IDE, and SAP Business Application Studio.
- In addition, the SAP Developer III will have experience working in a variety of SAP products including but not limited to: SAP Business Suite on HANA for FI and HCM, S4/HANA, Business Technology Platform, SAP Fiori Launchpad and Gateway Server, and SAP Enterprise Portal.
- B.A./B.S. and five to eight years of experience with SAP HCM and other SAP Tools and Technologies
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently and in team settings
- Exposure with multiple software development practicum including Agile methodology, Scrum, Design Thinking, and Automated Testing is desired, but not necessary.
Boston University offers an excellent benefits package including:
· Time Off: In addition to generous time off, BU employees have a paid intersession break, and 13 paid holidays.
· Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 2 years of eligible service.
· Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program for yourself and family members.
· Transportation: BU offers a discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
· Wellness: BU offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including workshops and personal counseling, please check out https://www.bu.edu/wellness/ for more information!
· Culture & Community: BU also offers access to discounts or free admission to various city art/cultural institutes around Boston.
Our mission is to provide best-in-class technology and data services to support outstanding education, groundbreaking research, effective administration, and a connected, secure community to Boston University, one of the largest private employers in Boston with almost 10,000 faculty and staff BU.
IS&T invests in our staff and their personal and professional growth. We promote staff learning including lunch and learn sessions, an extensive library of online courses, and opportunities to engage with peers at NERCOMP and EDUCAUSE events. Our Fun Advisory Board (FAB) arranges a number of events throughout the year; recent events included a night a Lucky Strikes Boston, karaoke night, BU hockey game, a night at Symphony Hall, pancake breakfast, and a department holiday lunch.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the employment application process, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at 617-353-6474.