QuantSpark is a data science and analytics consultancy based in London. Our mission is to create strategic value for our clients. We deeply care about the commercial impact of our work and this entrepreneurial approach informs everything we do.
Yes, the work is hugely impactful and engaging, but it’s our talented team which is our greatest asset; we take pride in providing a collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to grow their career.
You’ll be joining at a hugely exciting time, with plenty of opportunities to be involved in shaping the direction of our fast-scaling organisation.
As a Lead Cloud Engineer, you will be working with clients to design, implement and provide cloud solutions. This role requires a great understanding of infrastructure, the ability to “think on your feet” and be open to solving problems that may occur which can be answered from gaining experience in previous commercial environments, whilst having a general aptitude for consistent and reliable coding practices.
You will focus on combining software development practices and operations to improve collaboration, efficiency, and automation within the software delivery lifecycle. You will be managing configuration management tools and infrastructure automation, and working with development teams to ensure smooth integration and delivery of our applications. You will guide and mentor juniors in your team and encourage team development.
🌟 Tenured background in cloud engineering, specifically with AWS platform and various AWS services (IAM, EC2, RDS, VPC, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch) and ideally some Azure experience
🌟 Strong experience of containerisation and orchestration including Docker and Kubernetes with Helm
🌟 Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code IaC (specifically Terraform)
🌟 Experience in CI/CD and using automated testing and deployment tools
🌟 Strong experience with Bash and Python for automation purposes
🌟 Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external teams, and confident technically guiding and mentoring cloud engineers
The following skills are not required but would be beneficial:
- Prior experience using Python within a development environment (application level)
- Understanding of Change Management, SCM (Source Control Managment) and Monitoring Experience leading and mentoring a team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
💸 £85-100k per annum salary (based on experience)
💸 Anniversary bonuses applicable on both year 2 and 3
💸 EMI options scheme
💡 Huge monthly training & conference budget to help you upskill and develop your career (£6,000 per year)
📈 6 monthly appraisals and 12 monthly pay reviews
💰 Pension contribution scheme (8% overall)
🏡 Flexible hours policy and hybrid working; work from home or our office
🌍 Option to work from abroad for up to 20 working days each year
🏥 Top-tier private healthcare (including mental wellbeing)
🏖 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
💚 Opportunity to work on social impact & pro bono strategy projects
🏏 Optional quarterly socials, dinners, and fun nights out
🥐 A fully stocked supply of breakfast, fruit, and refreshments for the days when you are in the office
What our team says
Joining a new company can be equal parts daunting and exciting, it can be hard to tell if a company will be right for you. To give you a feel of what it's like to work at QuantSpark, here are some snippets of recent feedback from our team members:
- “QuantSpark hasn't just met my expectations, it's far exceeded them. I feel good about getting up to start my days, finding out what other people are up to, and carrying on with my own work. I feel like everyone is pulling together, in the same direction, to make the company progress.”
- "QuantSpark has a great culture where team members are fully empowered to lead the way in their roles. I believe this type of environment allows employees to learn new skills and quickly begin to thrive.”
- “Diversity of thought is genuinely valued in a way you don't often see in the workplace. There is a culture of trust and a flat hierarchy that allows our team to leverage the benefits of diversity beyond slogans and statistics and become a high-performing team.”
QuantSpark is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.