Want to be at the cutting edge of research and innovation on a vibrant, dynamic campus shaping the future of education? We’re seeking applicants with diverse skills and experience to join the Boston University Information Services & Technology (IS&T) community.
Our Applications team is looking for a Senior CRM Developer who will be responsible for the design, configuration, development, release, and support of CRM/Salesforce applications, components and integrations used to enable Boston University's academic, administrative, and ancillary processes. Hybrid work options are available, allowing staff to experience all the campus has to offer and the benefits of remote work.
- Work on multiple projects as a developer and/or as a subject matter expert.
- Participate in projects that typically require a working knowledge of various Salesforce products such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Tableau CRM Plus or the force.com platform and have a mix of non-Salesforce CRM systems.
- Contribute to the operational support and maintenance of various applications enabling university processes and systems.
- Coach and mentor more junior technical staff or student employees as opportunities arise.
- Bachelor's or Master’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Well-rounded IT work experience in Software Development/engineering with a progressive trajectory of implementations using object-oriented designs preferably Java; advanced web development skills may also be acceptable.
- 8+ years of custom development experience either directly or consultant role with implementations based on Sales/Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Tableau CRM Plus.
- Well-demonstrated knowledge of the overall software engineering processes, software development lifecycle and enterprise integration frameworks
- Well-demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum, or agile development methodologies
- Experience working on several projects of high complexity and deadline-driven.
- Advanced computer skills in the following administrative software packages: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and business partners within the University to elicit the information necessary for project technical design.
The following Qualifications are preferred, if you meet some, but not all, you are still encouraged to apply; we value employees with a willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Salesforce development preferably full stack development, best practices and design patterns in lightning platform, may have used Visualforce, Apex, SOQL, custom objects, workflows, triggers, integration tools, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Marketing and analytics data management as well as operations.
- Achieved certifications of Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and related products
- Well-experienced with usage of Salesforce APIs (bulk API, Metadata API), Web Services (SOAP, REST), AppExchange and 3rd party installations, configurations, and integrations
- Understands cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design, development, and operations in web, mobile, and social.
- Additional experience in the following will be a bonus:
- Marketing Automation and Amp script (Salesforce Marketing Cloud formerly known as Exact Target)
- Integrations with Salesforce and non-Salesforce systems
Boston University offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Time Off: In addition to generous time off, BU employees have a paid intersession break, and 13 paid holidays.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 2 years of eligible service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program for yourself and family members.
- Transportation: BU offers a discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness: BU offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including workshops and personal counseling, please check out https://www.bu.edu/wellness/ for more information!
- Culture & Community: BU also offers access to discounts or free admission to various city art/cultural institutes around Boston.