Marqeta is on a mission to change the way money moves. We’re one of the earliest enablers of embedded finance, a market opportunity sized up in the trillions. Our card issuing platform provides unprecedented flexibility and control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions, and manage payment operations in real time. Marqeta is powering the most well known brands in the new economy (Block, Cash App, Affirm, Instacart, Doordash, Uber, Walmart, etc). Today nearly 8 out of 10 Americans use a product powered by Marqeta every week. This is the opportunity of a lifetime to work with innovators around the world and unlock equitable financial access for all.
Marqeta is hiring a Senior Engineering Manager, IdP who will work with the VP of Core Platform Engineering and a team of talented Fellows, engineers, and managers.
As a Senior Engineering Manager, IdP at Marqeta, you will manage a team of software and security engineers building and securing the next generation of innovative financial products. You will also be responsible for one or many component(s) of Marqeta's platform, and work with cross-functional partners to build a roadmap, set sprint priorities, and deliver highly available software efficiently and securely.
By being accountable for your teams' output, you will collect and refine metrics around product delivery and move the team in the right direction. You thrive on encouraging a culture where everyone's perspective is valued, and you can productively manage issues when they arise.
Champion engineering excellence and hold a high bar while recruiting and promoting top talent within your team.
We work Flexible First. This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the USA or from our Oakland, California office. We would love for you to join us!
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of software engineers that builds best security practices for Marqeta’s payment processing business.
- Work closely with product management and engineers to develop and execute a roadmap to take the product securely to the next level of scale and agility for the upcoming growth.
- Build execution roadmap and provide sprint planning, output focused.
- You will works cross-functionally with other team managers and product leads.
- Establish and promote best security practices across cross-functional teams.
- Bring new ideas, designs, and tools to the table and drive technical discussions and decision-making related to the development and technology stack.
What We’re Looking For
- You have 8+ years of experience and at least 5 years of managing people.
- Proven track record of delivering reliable and scalable cloud services
- Exceptional engineering experience to include architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experienced in S-SDLC.
- You advocate for your team, provide support, and remove obstacles to keep them focused.
- Recruit, maintain, and promote a world-class engineering team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have experience managing teams developing and scaling microservices using a modern cloud stack like AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, Drone.
- Good on developing execution plans and tracking the milestones
- Have experience with agile software development
- Strong knowledge of the Scrum process and generating metrics for teams output.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Bonus: Experience in the Payment industry, FinTech, or financial services
Compensation and Benefits
Marqeta is a Flex First company which allows you to choose your best working environment, whether that be from home or at a company office. To support Flex First, we calibrate pay to a competitive value according to working location. Compensation is aligned according to three tiers within the United States:
- National: A baseline tier that applies to most of the geographic territory of the United States.
- Premium: Slightly elevated from the National tier, and oriented toward a narrower set of higher cost-of-living areas, such as Los Angeles CA and Seattle WA
- Premium Plus: A tier for the most expensive working areas, like the San Francisco Bay area and New York City.
Visit this page or consult with a Recruiter to determine which tier would be applicable to you.
When determining salaries, we consider several factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior experience, and work location. The new-hire base salary range for this position is:
- National: 142,050 - 189,400 USD
- Premium: 159,825 - 213,100 USD
- Premium Plus: 177,600 - 236,800 USD
We also believe in recognizing the contributions of our people. That's why we award annual bonuses to eligible employees, rewarding both individual performance and the success of the entire company.
Along with monetary compensation, Marqeta offers
- Multiple health insurance options
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Equity in a publicly-traded company and an Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Family-forming benefits, fertility support, and up to 20 weeks of Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial and professional coaching, and legal advice
- Monthly stipend to support our remote work model
- Annual “development dollars” to support our people growth and development
Equal Opportunity, Accommodations, and Privacy
Marqeta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that gives consideration to all qualified applicants, irrespective of any characteristics protected by law. This includes (but is not limited to) race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, color, ancestry, and Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants from all backgrounds, without regard to criminal histories, in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion extends beyond the categories above. Review Marqeta’s ESG Report to see that dedication in action. Fostering an environment where everyone feels valued and respected creates a stronger and more innovative team at Marqeta. We celebrate the unique contributions of each individual and empower all members of our organization. Join us in building a company where diversity thrives and everyone can be their authentic selves.
If you require reasonable accommodation for the application process and beyond, please submit this form and we will be more than happy to assist you. Marqeta will make reasonable accommodations for candidates when needed in accordance with applicable law. The Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.