At CHOC, we strive to be the leading destination of children’s health by providing exceptional and innovative care. We are responsible for the overall health of our community’s pediatric population in our hospitals, clinics, and practices. And because of our breadth of care, your career at CHOC can be as diverse and fulfilling as you determine. CHOC’s compensation structure, benefits offerings, and career development programs are geared to helping you achieve your professional and personal goals. Apply now to see where your career at CHOC can take you.
The Senior Financial Analyst provides a high level of business and financial support to the organization covering budget preparation, budget variance analysis, financial analysis, pro forma preparation, cost accounting, service line profitability and related topics.
Minimum $37.96 Midpoint $50.29 Maximum $62.63
Rate of pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to knowledge, skills, competencies, experience, education, as well as position requirements.
* Minimum Required: 5 years as financial analyst. 3 years experience in a healthcare environment
* Experience Preferred Desired: 8 to 10 years experience as a Financial Analyst preparing proforma and modeling of new programs.
* Education Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or similar
* Education Desired Preferred: MBA
Special Skills Description:
* Special Skills Minimum Required: Must be proficient using Excel and Acess programs to create reports. Able to read; write legibly; speak in English with professional quality; use computer, printer, and software programs necessary to the position (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Operate/troubleshoot basic office equipment required for the position; Able to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; collaborate and accept direction. Able to communicate effectively in English in person, in writing, and on the telephone; think critically; manage multiple assignments effectively; organize and prioritize workload; work well under pressure; problem solve; recall information with accuracy; pay close attention to detail; work independently with minimal supervision.
* Special Skills Desired Preferred: Powerpoint graphics NextGen PMS
* Licensure Minimum: None
Work Environments - Functional Demand:
Sedentary - Very light energy level Lift 10 lbs. box overhead. Lift and carry 15 lbs. Push/pull 20 lbs. cart.
Physical Activity Requirements:
Bending, Carry Objects, Climbing, Keyboard use/repetitive motion, Pinching/fine motor activities, Push/Pull, Reaching forward, Reaching overhead, Sitting, Squat/kneel/crawl (Squad & Knee), Standing, Talk or hear, Taste or smell, Twisting, Walking, Wrist position deviation
Physical Activity Lifting
Lifting (Floor to waist level) - Constant 67 or more%, Lifting (Floor to waist level) - Frequent 36-66%, Lifting (Floor to waist level) - Occasional 0-35%, Lifting (Waist level and above) - Constant 67 or more%, Lifting (Waist level and above) - Frequent 36-66%, Lifting (Waist level and above) - Occasional 0-35%
Color Discrimination, Depth Perception, Far Vision, Hearing, Near Vision
Airborn Communicable Disease, Bloodborne Pathogens, Chemical, Dust Particular Matter, Extreme Noise Levels, Extreme Temperatures, Radiation, Uneven Surfaces or Elevations