Hudson River Trading (HRT) is seeking a senior High-Performance Compute (HPC)/AI Performance Engineering Leader to optimize our high-performance and AI compute workloads. This role will apply broad engineering skills across infrastructure, tools, and applications to optimize the performance of our most critical workloads. This will allow us to accelerate innovation and update our strategies faster, a crucial component of HRT’s continued success in advanced automated trading.
Successful candidates will operate across multiple stacks and synthesize a holistic view of challenges and potential solutions. This role is well-positioned to be successful within HRT’s collegial and non-siloed environment as it involves working closely with a wide range of stakeholders and teams to make our high-perf applications as efficient as possible.
- Investigate and measure the performance of AI and other high-performance compute workloads
- Optimize the performance of these workloads by designing and implementing solutions across infrastructure, tools, and application code
- Track the performance of workloads over time and identify potential areas for long-term investments and improvements
- Partner with users and platform engineers to understand workload priority and ensure all stakeholders are aware and aligned with the suggested plans
- Identify, hire and mentor engineers to accelerate the performance improvement work
- 10+ years of experience in HPC/AI performance optimization
- Demonstrated ability to optimize complex workloads across multiple software stacks
- Expert level programming ability in a high performance language, preferably C or C++
- Experience with AI frameworks (PyTorch, TF, MXNet, etc.) and accelerated programming stacks (CUDA, MPI, AVX or similar)
- Quantitative/data-oriented mindset
- Great communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to a variety of stakeholders across the firm
- Track record of leading complex projects end-to-end
- Proven ability to lead, mentor, and strategically grow successful teams
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.