Kensho is a Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) company, centered around providing cutting-edge solutions to meet the challenges of some of the largest and most successful businesses and institutions. We are owned by S&P Global and operate independently. Our toolkit illuminates insights by helping the world better understand, process, and leverage messy data. Specifically, Kensho’s solutions largely involve speech recognition (ASR), entity linking (NED), structured document extraction, automated database linking, text classification, and more.
As an infrastructure engineer at Kensho you will be responsible for building systems and frameworks that will be used by teams across the organization. You will be working on a team with experienced engineers and have an opportunity to learn and grow. As an engineer on the infrastructure team you have the opportunity to work on the core platform that hosts all our assets to build monitoring & alerting that identify the health of such services.
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the freedom, support, and resources needed to accomplish our shared goals. We believe in flexibility-first and give our employees the opportunity to work from where they feel most productive and engaged (must be in the United States). We also value in-person collaboration, so there may be times when travel to one of our Kensho hubs (e.g., Cambridge, MA or NYC) will be required for team meetings or company events.
Kensho states that the anticipated base salary range for the position is 150k-225k. In addition, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus and equity plans. At Kensho, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
What You'll Do:
- Design core, backend software components that powers the Kensho language models and other products.
- Build tools to empower the engineering teams.
- Code using primarily python, jsonnet, and other languages.
- Collaborate with other teams to gather requirements and support their workflows.
- Conduct architecture, design and code reviews.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources.
What We Look For:
- 5-year of relevant work experience in software development.
- Professional coding experience in Python, C++, Rust, or Go.
- Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems.
- Experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization.
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux environments.
Technology You'll Encounter:
- Kubernetes, Grafana, Prometheus, Kafka, PostgresQL
- Ubuntu linux or similar operating systems
Nice To Have:
- Your github account showing practical, entrepreneurial initiative.
- You have experience building distributed systems or have collaborated on a team developing internal tools.
- You have experience building systems processing large amounts of data.
- You have experience productionizing large machine learning models (LLMs).
- You have experience in MLOPs.
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 26 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho is an Artificial Intelligence company that builds solutions to uncover insights in messy and unstructured data that enable critical workflows and empower businesses to make decisions with conviction.
Kensho was founded in 2013 and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P Global, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.