MarketAxess is on a journey to digitally transform one of the world’s largest financial markets, enabling the shift from analog, phone-based trading to a fully electronic marketplace. Why does this matter? Because our platform makes trading fixed-income more accessible, ultimately improving transparency, efficiency, and competition in the marketplace. Changing the way an established industry transacts is no easy feat. There will be twists and turns, because no one’s ever done this before. But now, more than 2,000 clients around the world rely on our solutions, and that number is only expected to grow in the years ahead. We know where we’re going. How we get there is up to us. Join us and help Take Us There.
At MarketAxess java is used for the core development across our trading platform. As Software Engineer, you will be joining our Open Trading Engineering Team, to help design and implement new features and products as it relates to leveraging technology to revolutionize the bond market. You will learn advanced trading markets, enabling you to fully understand the “big picture” of not what you are developing, but why and how it benefits our customers. At the same time, you will be challenged and pushed out of your comfort zone, by directly working with the business unit and learning new and innovative technologies.
How You'll Help Take Us There
- Design and enhance the leading global fixed income e-trading platform
- Be part of a scrum team comprised of skilled technology professionals with the goal to revolutionize the credit and corporate bond markets
- Develop and design microservices using event-driven architecture based on Kafka/Streams
- Implement and support products/initiatives from infancy to maturity
- Work closely with system architects, product managers and QA engineers
- Be a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices, writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- You will be using Java Technologies - Spring Boot and RESTful micro services.
- Transform business ideas into highly utilized features and services for our customers
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of experience developing software components using Java
- 3+ years of experience designing and building applications using Kafka/Streams at enterprise scale
- 3+ years of experience with microservices using Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience building high-throughput, low-latency event driven multithreaded applications using Core Java
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns, multi-threading programming and Java Streams
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proficient English (both spoken and written)
- Passion for collaborating, tackling hard problems and not being afraid to ask questions
- A real appetite for learning and growing, both as a developer and teammate
- Experience developing products/platforms on AWS. Cloud certifications a plus
- Knowledge in Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the futur
What You Can Expect from Us
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Hybrid Environment: Our employees enjoy a mix of working in the office and from home
- Free Food: We provide free lunch for employees when they are working in the office. Plus, our offices are stocked with snacks.
- Paid Time Off: Competitive PTO package including vacation and personal days, sick leave and charity days
- Generous Parental Leave: Up to 20 weeks fully paid leave
- 401(k): Dollar-for-dollar employer match up to $10K
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Employees can purchase MarketAxess common stock at a discount
- Wellness Stipend: We provide employees with up to $1K annually towards gym memberships, home office equipment and more
- Onsite Healthcare: We offer convenient access to world-class care through Mount Sinai at our Hudson Yards location
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: Benefit from on-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences
- Core benefits: Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision programs
For job positions in NYC, NY, and other locations where required, the estimated salary for a new hire into this position is $150,000-$225,000 USD base. Actual salary may vary depending on job-related factors, which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for annual cash incentives, equity and other benefit programs.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic in the location in which the candidate is applying.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MarketAxess Privacy Notice for Candidates
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants