Metronome is building a new real-time source of truth for business data, starting with powering the software industry's transition to usage-based business models.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Cockroach Labs and mParticle.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we’ve raised over $35m from leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil. We’re also proud to have founders and executives of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, Snowflake, and Databricks as investors who have experienced the pain we're solving firsthand.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is excited about creating a thoughtful billing experience for our clients and their customers.
- 5+ years work experience using Typescript, GraphQL, or Node
- Build out greenfield applications on top of our fast growing invoice platform.
- Work with design and product to scope and invent new client features
- Contribute to frontend and backend systems that drive our billing engine
- Empower the rest of the company by building infrastructure to improve feature velocity
- Work closely with co-founders and customers to inform what's possible, what's difficult, and what's easy
- Much more! As a small startup, we need folks to pitch in wherever they can.
Examples of Tasks You Might Work On
- A new way for clients to bill their customers
- API design, implementation, and documentation
- Architect and build a metadata store for billing data models
- Integrate a new frontend testing framework
- Scale and build out our web-hook service
- Export billing and usage data to allow for clients to analyze and track revenue
Impact You'll Have
- The features you build will allow our clients to effortlessly bill new product lines
- The infrastructure you create will help your co-workers ship features even faster
- Ensuring the client experience is safe, reliable and accurate because you have built secure, resilient, and well tested features
- The Metronome team is more well-rounded because you bring your unique personality to work and help create an inclusive fun environment focused on helping our customers get the most value out of Metronome.
We don't filter based on current expertise, so at Metronome you will learn
- AWS (S3, RDS, API Gateway, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, MKS, and more!)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Serverless Framework)
- Languages (Python, Typescript, Java - for working with Kafka)
- Frontend Tools and Frameworks (React, Apollo GraphQL, Webpack, React Testing Library)
- CI/CD (AWS CodePipeline & CodeDeploy, CircleCI)
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.