MarketAxess is on a journey to digitally transform one of the world’s largest financial markets, enabling the shift from analog, phone-based trading to a fully electronic marketplace. Why does this matter? Because our platform makes trading fixed-income more accessible, ultimately improving transparency, efficiency, and competition in the marketplace. Changing the way an established industry transacts is no easy feat. There will be twists and turns, because no one’s ever done this before. But now, more than 2,000 clients around the world rely on our solutions, and that number is only expected to grow in the years ahead. We know where we’re going. How we get there is up to us. Join us and help Take Us There.
As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with your team to design and implement new features and products. You will learn advanced trading markets, enabling you to fully understand the “big picture” of not only what you are developing, but why and how it benefits our customers. At the same time, you will be challenged and pushed out of your comfort zone, by directly working with the business unit and learning new and innovative technologies.
How You'll Help Take Us There
- Build a best-in-class sell side Fixed Income e-trading platform
- Be part of a scrum team comprised of skilled technology professionals with the goal to revolutionize bond trading efficiency
- Innovate and transform business ideas into highly utilized features and services for our customers
- Gain experience across cloud native technologies including: microservices, containers, orchestration, streaming and others
- Implement and support products/initiatives from infancy to maturity
- Develop and design APIs in a microservices and/or event-driven architecture in the cloud
What We’re Looking for
- Minimum 3+ years of enterprise software development
- Passion for learning new technologies and keeping pace with rapidly evolving development paradigms like pair programming
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience with Java microservices using Spring Boot
- Experience with NoSql such as MongoDB (Atlas)
- Experience with Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS)
- Experience with Container technologies (Docker)
- Experience with Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience with Service Monitoring and Graphing (Prometheus + Grafana, Datadog)
- Experience with Source control management (GIT)
- Knowledge of KSql, KStreams and Kafka connectors.
- Knowledge of Communication/Messaging protocols (FIX, HL7, NCPDP, SWIFT, or REST)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Pattern frameworks (Apache Camel)
- History of working in a SAFe, Kanban, DevOps, or Agile/Scrum development methodology environment
What You Can Expect from Us
- Hybrid Environment: Our employees enjoy a mix of working in the office and from home
- Free Food: We provide free lunch for employees when they are working in the office. Plus, our offices are stocked with snacks.
- Paid Time Off: Competitive PTO package including vacation and personal days, sick leave and charity days
- Generous Parental Leave: Up to 20 weeks fully paid leave
- 401(k): Dollar-for-dollar employer match up to $10K
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Employees can purchase MarketAxess common stock at a discount
- Wellness Stipend: We provide employees with up to $1K annually towards gym memberships, home office equipment and more
- Onsite Healthcare: We offer convenient access to world-class care through Mount Sinai at our Hudson Yards location
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: Benefit from on-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences
- Core benefits: Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision programs
For job positions in NYC, NY, and other locations where required, the estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $110,000 USD to $165,000 USD. Actual salary may vary depending on job-related factors, which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for annual cash incentives, equity, and other benefit programs.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic in the location in which the candidate is applying.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MarketAxess Privacy Notice for Candidates
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants