MarketAxess is on a journey to digitally transform one of the world’s largest financial markets, enabling the shift from analog, phone-based trading to a fully electronic marketplace. Why does this matter? Because our platform makes trading fixed-income more accessible, ultimately improving transparency, efficiency, and competition in the marketplace. Changing the way an established industry transacts is no easy feat. There will be twists and turns, because no one’s ever done this before. But now, more than 2,000 clients around the world rely on our solutions, and that number is only expected to grow in the years ahead. We know where we’re going. How we get there is up to us. Join us and help Take Us There.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our next-Gen UI platform team who has a passion and expertise for front-end technologies and React ecosystems. The ideal candidate is someone who has demonstrated experience architecting, building and operating highly scalable, available, and fault-tolerant trading systems across a range of technologies. You are excited to work with a tech stack that spans ReactJS, Java, TypeScript, and more.
You should be passionate about technology, architecture, software engineering and quality, and innovatively addressing business problems. You will work with the team to collaborate on software solutions and architecture and ensure exceptional software engineering practices, and good documentation. It's essential to be willing to take on new skills to meet the shifting demands of accelerating our modernization efforts to the public cloud and Kubernetes world.
We embrace a culture of collaboration and experimentation while striving and encouraging all team members to focus on continuous improvement and learning. We openly welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions and prior ways of working. Otherwise, how do we innovate, learn and grow as a team and individuals?
How You’ll Help Take us There
- Hands-on development of new functionality and maintain the company's fixed income e-trading platform for institutional credit product trading focusing on UX/UI and customer experience
- Build re-usable components to be compatible across product lines
- Participate in analyzing, designing, writing, and testing code, documenting, and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems
- This is completed in accordance with product manager’s vision, customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards
- Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, requirements, implementation, unit testing, functional testing, and postproduction release support
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years’ experience with ReactJS with hooks
- Professional experience working with AG-Grid
- Professional experience working with Redux
- Professional experience working with Git, Git Flow
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors, (eg. SASS/ LESS/CSS-in-JS/Tailwind)
- Experience testing with Jest/React Testing Library
- Desirable experience with DevOps tools
- Desirable experience with Websockets
- Desirable experience with ES6, Styled Components, Material UI
- Desirable experience with OpenFin
- Familiar with Agile Methodology
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States permanently without employment visa sponsorship required now or in the future.
What You Can Expect from Us
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Hybrid Environment: Our employees enjoy a mix of working in the office and from home
- Free Food: We provide free lunch for employees when they are working in the office. Plus, our offices are stocked with snacks.
- Paid Time Off: Competitive PTO package including vacation and personal days, sick leave and charity days
- Generous Parental Leave: Up to 20 weeks fully paid leave
- 401(k): Dollar-for-dollar employer match up to $17.5K
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Employees can purchase MarketAxess common stock at a discount
- Wellness Stipend: We provide employees with up to $1K annually towards gym memberships, home office equipment and more
- Onsite Healthcare: We offer convenient access to world-class care through Mount Sinai at our Hudson Yards location
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: Benefit from on-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences
- Core benefits: Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision programs
For job positions in NYC, NY, and other locations where required, the estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $110,000 USD to $165,000 USD. Actual salary may vary depending on job-related factors, which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for annual cash incentives, equity, and other benefit programs.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic in the location in which the candidate is applying.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.