Please only apply to one job posting. We recommend you apply for the position/office you are most interested in. Upon review of your application, if your skill sets are better suited for another position, we will reach out and let you know. If you are interested in multiple offices, you will have the opportunity to indicate that below in the application questions.
HRT is seeking highly motivated full-time students for our software engineering summer internship program. We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, love to learn, and who can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. At HRT, our engineers create and maintain critical technology and infrastructure that is integral to the success of our trading.
What to Expect
- A hands-on introduction to all technical facets of software engineering in the algorithmic trading industry
- Independent programming projects in C, C++, or Python, depending on the needs of the project
- As you go through structured and hands-on trainings, you’ll transition right into projects within the first week
- You'll have an opportunity to learn all about HRT's research and trading infrastructure, even in areas you may not be working in directly
- In addition to technical project work and mentorship, you’ll also gain a deeper understanding of global financial markets
- You are a full-time undergraduate student studying Computer Science or a related field who is eligible for full-time roles in 2025
- Programming experience in C, C++, or Python is required
- A passion for technology and writing code that is elegant, readable, and efficient
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of trading and/or financial markets is not required for this position
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.