Sr. Director Product Management –Integrated hardware / software device
The Senior Director of Product Management role will report to the Vice President of Point of Care Product Management and will drive forward the product management of a new integrated hardware / software device.
This role will lead a team of product management professionals to drive the strategy and execution of the product roadmap. This is a position that requires an individual with extremely strong product management leadership experience, the ability to unify a cross-functional team behind a common vision, proven ability to communicate to company leadership, and a background in product management for SaaS and ideally edge devices. Health care domain expertise is preferred, but not required. The position is a US-based, remote position.
- Responsible for the strategy, definition and execution of a new integrated hardware / software product
- Will work closely with project and program management to ensure timely execution against the project plan to ensure the product meets release deadlines.
- Manages a team of managers and individual contributors including Sr Managers of Product Management, Sr Product Managers and Product Managers
- Will lead the strategy and overall definition of a prioritized roadmap based on delivering a deeply compelling, outcome driven offering
- Responsible for executive-level presentations to Sr leadership describing the product vision, strategy, and associated client needs
- Effectively identify and manage cross-team dependencies.
- Build effective relationships at that matter at leadership levels of the organization with engineering, design, QA, Omnicell Internal Domain Experts, Sales, Implementation, Supply Chain, and many others.
- Requires the ability to communicate a high-level client value-based vision for the product, as well as to get down to the next few levels of detail and how we will accomplish the execution of that vision.
- Develop relationships with customers and prospects, gather and understand customer feedback on existing products and products in development and conduct effective interviews to better understand the context, pressures, complete understanding of the problems they need to solve to deliver the right solution.
- Help your teams remove obstacles, focus and prioritize to achieve their goals and milestones
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Translates strategies into clear and measurable goals and objectives that achieve results
- Recognizes trends in business, industry and market information that reveals business opportunities
- Regularly proposes new approaches, methods, or technologies that are highly successful.
- Exhibits customer empathy by quickly and effectively solving even the most difficult, customer problems; as a result, strengthens the relationship with the customer.
- Coaches and removes obstacles from the team and across the organization
- Uses a fact-based approach to guide product decisions.
- Product management experience delivering software using agile methodologies; ability to leader and drive an agile approach, ideally with edge devices
- Experience building strong relationships with leaders across engineering, other product management functions, design, sales, operations, and clients
- Effective leadership skills and ability to listen, communicate, mentor and motivate teams
- Ability to ideate solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to translate strategies into clear and measurable milestones and objectives that lead to timely delivery of integrated solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years of product management experience in software and / or edge device solutions
- 5 years of product management leadership experience, including cloud/SaaS products
- 5 years’ experience as a people manager directly managing product management professionals. Effective leadership skills and ability to listen, communicate and motivate teams.
- MBA or master’s level degree preferred.
- Pragmatic Marketing (or similar) certification
- Deep Product management experience focused on integrated technology products
- Knowledge of “Privacy by Design” principles
- Experience in the healthcare field
- This position is 100% remote enabled from any US location
- This position requires up to 30% US based travel
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so that they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-of-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients - one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.