SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
The EventDB team is responsible for SentinelOne's highly-scalable columnar database, ingesting billions of events every day and enabling search-ability and insight for our customers into their data. Our team solves non-trivial scale and data problems with a unique blending of cloud, distributed systems, and software optimization techniques and services.
Does this sound like you?
- You are passionate about building high-scale distributed systems
- You love to dogfood the product you work on - we are very vocal customers of our own product
- You enjoy a collaborative development process using design discussions and code review
- You are looking for a challenge that doesn’t just require you to use technologies like Kafka and Cassandra, but requires you to rebuild them because they didn’t meet the project requirements
- You can identify relevant algorithms in the literature, and bring them into production when they fit
- You have successfully designed and implemented elegant and simple distributed systems to solve complex problems
- You can discuss CAP theorem tradeoffs and give examples
- You enjoy writing modern Java (we love lambdas), and prefer composition to inheritance
- Garbage collection doesn’t faze you because you know the JVM like the back of your hand; you can rattle off the available garbage collectors and their tuning parameters
What will you do?
- Review code for quality, test coverage, security
- Build and Review Technical Specifications
- Document trade-offs in solutions/implementations
- Document critical implementation details/data structures
- Review and provide feedback on other specs
- Software Development
- Build implementations of previously-built specs
- Write tests to cover new code or newly-found issues
- Bug fixes/security fixes
- Support/On-Call Rotation
- Respond/troubleshoot to outage incidents
- Fix newly-found security issues
- Help team members solve problems
- Provide feedback to team members
- Attend weekly team sync and weekly sync with SRE team
- Provide Daily Standup in Slack
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong Java experience
- Other OO programming/scripting languages
- Designing/operating distributed systems at a reasonable scale
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform
You will be joining a cutting-edge company, where you will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very best in the industry
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Industry-leading gender-neutral parental leave
- Paid company holidays
- Paid sick time
- Employee stock purchase program
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team-building events
This U.S. role has a base pay range that will vary based on the location of the candidate. For some
locations, a different pay range may apply. If so, this range will be provided to you during the recruiting
process. You can also reach out to the recruiter with any questions.
Base Salary Range
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.