Nimble is on a mission to ensure that all students, regardless of background, have access to excellent teachers. We build AI-driven tools to help schools recruit and hire top talent. Our core product is a K-12 recruitment & hiring tool with embedded AI assistance that helps K-12 hiring managers identify the educators most likely to drive student learning and be retained in classrooms. Since launching in 2017, we have grown to serve some of the largest school districts nationwide, helping staff classrooms for millions of students annually.
We’re tripling our impact annually and working diligently to ensure our customers have access to best-in-class tools. We strive to promote inclusion and equity, both in our mission and in our day-to-day workplace culture. While we are highly ambitious, we prioritize work-life balance, flexibility and employee retention. We're a distributed team, which means you can work from anywhere on a flexible schedule.
As our next designer on our fast-growing team, you will:
- Build out a zero to one design operation that ensures a strong and consistent design experience for users while saving time and effort for engineers;
- Design delightful and simple user experiences based on qualitative and quantitative data to drive customer and student impact;
- Partner with Product and Engineering to explore complex problem spaces and identify potential solutions through low-fidelity prototyping;
- Deliver high-fidelity designs and specs to clearly communicate product design requirements to engineers;
- Partner with Product to scope and implement user research plans that help develop a thorough understanding of customer needs and pain points.
We’re seeking someone with most or all of the following:
- 5+ years of full-time product design experience in a software startup environment;
- Fast learner and self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, who takes on high levels of ownership and is ready to take on a design leadership role;
- Experience communicating clear design requirements to teams of engineers;
- Experience coaching and mentoring teams and peers in design culture and practices
- Proven track record of converting complex user needs into best-in-class UX;
- Loves to prototype in order to validate and convey design visions;
- Ability to craft and implement effective user research plans;
- Has previous experience working with design tools, including Figma;
- Passion for our mission of ensuring all students have access to excellent teachers;
- Bonus: Previous management experience
- Bonus: Front-end development and styling experience
Nimble has developed and brought to market an impactful, research-based tool that helps schools identify and hire outstanding classroom talent. However, we face substantial and complex design challenges in ensuring that the product is fully adopted by users and can reach its full potential for impact. This role is a unique opportunity to:
- Build out a zero-to-one design operation in a high-ownership startup environment, where you can learn quickly and expand your scope of responsibilities with minimal hierarchy;
- Stretch your design skills to impact and delight an interesting and challenging range of high- and low-tech users;
- Leverage creative and insightful design solutions to tackle the extremely nuanced challenge of helping schools hire the teachers most likely to be effective and retained in their classrooms.
We're a high-impact team striving for outstanding results:
- Equity: We strive to be an inclusive and anti-racist organization. We embody this goal both through our direct work to help schools conduct rigorous and equitable hiring processes, but also through our daily actions and culture.
- Excellence: We're bringing cutting-edge technology to an under-resourced industry. To give our customers the best, we need to be ruthlessly efficient with our time and work harder and smarter than your average startup.
- Speed: We act deliberately and quickly. While we have high standards, we value results over perfection. We're driven by our mission to ensure all students have access to outstanding teachers. We work toward that mission with urgency.
- Ownership: We're problem solvers who take ownership over outcomes and consistently follow through on commitments. We're solutions-oriented, with minimal hierarchy.
- Communication: As a distributed team, we value consistent and open communication. We offer ideas and welcome debate. We trust each other, ask for help when we need it and give honest feedback.
- Growth: We strive to improve personally and professionally by asking ourselves what we can do better. The goal isn't perfection, but constant improvement.
Startup hustle, with added flexibility:
- Work from anywhere: As long as you put in the work, you can do it from anywhere on a flexible schedule.
- Competitive compensation: It doesn't hurt to get paid well while you're changing the world, right?
- Unlimited vacation & flexible parental leave: We work hard, but work isn't everything.
- Medical, dental, retirement: For US-based teammates, we offer benefits like medical, dental and 401K.
- Annual retreat: Like to travel? We do too. Each year we come together in a fun location to get to know each other better.
If you meet most or all of the above requirements, we want to hear from you! Send a resume or equivalent information to firstname.lastname@example.org.