Director, Systems Architect-Hybrid in Milpitas,CA
As a Systems Architect, you will be responsible for developing a modular and scalable system architecture for the next generation of medical management system within the Robotics and Automation division of Omnicell. You will contribute to the definition of scalable SoC Firmware Architecture including HAL layers, Application and Kernel/Drivers and electrical and mechanical sub system. You will leverage latest technology stacks in IoT and open-source connectivity standard to introduce compatibility and integration with 3rd parties systems for design and control. This role requires working with cross-functional and development teams across the company and leading architecture discussions. You will work as a bridge between the product and development team, building a technical vision of the system and platform, and directing the development.
- Drives the system architecture for Omnicell’s next gen medical management system
- Direct Edge and Application teams in defining technology strategy and work closely with cross-functional teams to guarantee consistent and effective hardware/software interface definition and to define architectural solutions for optimal functionality/performance/security
- Provides oversight to make sure that product is being built using consistent methodologies
- Guides others in resolving complex issues in technical architecture and takes ownership of complex technical challenges
- Provides coaching and support to development teams during blueprinting and implementation phases
- Contributes to development standards to promote optimization and consistency including code modularization and reuse
- Develops relationships across the business to understand requirements and works closely with development teams to oversee implementation
- Make technical decisions for firmware architecture and drive the definition of concepts and implement prototypes when needed
- Execute formal reviews of requirements and architecture specifications, threat modeling, code reviews, analysis of change requests and/or bug reports related to requirements/architecture
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in architecture, design and development of connected system with MPU, GPU and MCU.
- Knowledge of Radio communication technology – RFID, BLE, Zigbee, WiFi, NFC, Cellular etc.
- Knowledge of ARM-CortexM based SoC architectures, AI Vision Systems, Sensors and IoT Connectivity Alliances – Matter
- Highly experience with Linux driver development and working with Linux development environment
- Knowledge of security and cryptography on constrained devices - libraries, algorithms, standards, back-ends, protocols. Knowledge and experience with low level embedded Linux code.
- Detailed knowledge on topics including electrical engineering, firmware design and system integration. Test and validation of designs, with experience in prototyping, debugging and modelling
- Entrepreneurial and Innovation mindset with effective communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- 15+ years of experience in building / designing / architecting complex embedded systems
- 10+ years experience in direct/indirect leadership and/or cross functional team leadership experience
- Background in Systems Programming, Linux Operating Systems, RTOS, Mbed, IoT Protocols – MQTT, CoAP
- Understanding of global compliance and regulatory certifications such as FCC, CE, UL, IEC
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of embedded, MPU, GPU and MCU based controller design required
- Good understanding of communication protocols: I2C, SPI, USART, I2S, PCM
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- M.S or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing embedded system with Sensors, Wi-Fi, BLE, NFC, Thread, Matter.
- Experience with AI vision systems, Computer Vision
- Experience with NVIDIA Jetson platform
- Developed system and firmware architecture for connected systems
- Good knowledge of electronics, sub-system integration, device drivers, and boot loaders
- Healthcare industry experience in IoT, robotics and automated medication distribution
- Onsite/Remote environment
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Base compensation: Salary range is $246,000 - $280,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as locations, education, experience, and skillset. Learn more about our benefits at www.omnicellbenefits.com).
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so that they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-of-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients - one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.