Nimble is on a mission to ensure that all students, regardless of background, have access to excellent teachers. We build AI-driven tools to help schools recruit and hire top talent. Our core product is a K-12 recruitment & hiring tool with embedded AI assistance that helps schools identify the educators most likely to drive student learning and be retained in their classrooms, while maintaining a fair and equitable hiring process. In the last 18 months, we've launched a promising new product that helps great talent match with the education job openings that are a fit with their skills. Since launching in 2017, we've grown to hundreds of school districts nationwide, helping staff classrooms for millions of students annually.
Nimble is a fast-growing team working to ensure our users have access to best-in-class tools. We strive to promote inclusion and equity, both in our mission and in our day-to-day workplace culture. While we are highly ambitious, we prioritize work-life balance, flexibility and employee retention. We're a distributed team, which means you can work from anywhere on a flexible schedule.
As Nimble grows, we’re seeking a senior leader to drive our product strategy and the growth of the engineering and product development organization. This person will:
- Oversee our Engineering, Product and Design organization, most immediately scaling from 20 - 40 people;
- Oversee product vision, strategy and execution, working as a member of senior leadership team to ensure this is aligned to company outcomes;
- Mentor, coach, and up-level direct reports, including product managers, designers and engineering leadership;
- Build and maintain a diverse, inclusive and equitable product development organization.
We are looking for someone who has most or all of the following:
- Deep experience as a Product Management individual contributor and team leader, especially with B2B SaaS products;
- Has owned strategy and vision for products in a Series A-C startup; can lead EPD strategy and vision at Nimble and help shape broader org strategy;
- Strong systems/technical thinker who can work with an Engineering Director to scale the technical organization and infrastructure; experience overseeing technical teams is a plus.
Nimble is backed by Y Combinator and has been recognized as a top edtech innovator by the U.S. Department of Education. We're a profitable company that has grown more than 15x in the last 18 months. We're woman-founded, diverse (>50% BIPOC, >50% womxn) and inclusive team.
In our first three years, we developed and brought to market an impactful, research-based tool to help schools identify and hire outstanding talent for their classrooms. In Nimble’s next phase of growth, our product leader will have the opportunity to take outsized ownership over the expansion of our product line and rapid growth of our engineering and product development operation. This is a unique opportunity to:
- Join a team with the power to change the game for students nationwide, leveling the playing field and ensuring that all students have access to educational opportunity through excellent teachers;
- Take on leadership of an ambitious engineering and product development operation, shaping team culture during a period of rapid growth;
- Serve as a strategic leader in partnership with the CEO to define and execute a strategy for expansion of our product line and, ultimately, our impact.
A high-impact team striving for outstanding results:
- Equity: We strive to be an inclusive and anti-racist organization. We embody this goal both through our direct work to help schools conduct rigorous and equitable hiring processes, but also through our daily actions and culture.
- Excellence: We're bringing cutting-edge technology to an under-resourced industry. To give our customers the best, we need to be ruthlessly efficient with our time and work harder and smarter than your average startup.
- Speed: We act deliberately and quickly. While we have high standards, we value results over perfection. We're driven by our mission to ensure all students have access to outstanding teachers. We work toward that mission with urgency.
- Ownership: We're problem solvers who take ownership over outcomes and consistently follow through on commitments. We're solutions-oriented, with minimal hierarchy.
- Communication: As a distributed team, we value consistent and open communication. We offer ideas and welcome debate. We trust each other, ask for help when we need it and give honest feedback.
- Growth: We strive to improve personally and professionally by asking ourselves (and others) what we can do better. The goal isn't perfection, but constant improvement.
Startup hustle, with added flexibility:
- Work from anywhere: As long as you put in the work, you can do it from anywhere on a flexible schedule.
- Competitive compensation: It doesn't hurt to get paid well while you're changing the world, right?
- Unlimited vacation & flexible parental leave: We work hard, but work isn't everything.
- Medical, dental, retirement: For US-based teammates, we offer benefits like medical, dental and 401K.
- Annual retreat: Like to travel? We do too. Each year we come together in a fun location to get to know each other better.
If you meet most or all of the above requirements, we want to hear from you! Send a resume or equivalent information to firstname.lastname@example.org.