The application deadline for this position is October 29, 2023.
At HRT we believe that by celebrating our differences, promoting equity, and fostering a sense of belonging, we will drive innovation, enhance decision-making, and build the future of trading — together. To do so, HRT is committed to creating opportunities for underrepresented groups, and we’re thrilled to provide a focused internship experience for women+ and nonbinary students interested in the work we do.
Our Women in Trading Technology Internship (WITTI) is an informative 2-4 week exploration into automated trading for students who are curious but unfamiliar with the industry. Through this program, you can expect:
- An introduction to a wide range of technical facets of the algorithmic trading industry
- Hands-on independent programming projects in Python and C++
- A chance to learn about the variety of technical roles at HRT (i.e. software engineers, algorithm developers, and more!)
- Tech talks and seminars
- A variety of social and networking events that explore all that New York City has to offer
This program begins on January 2, 2024. The duration of the program is flexible based on your university’s winter break schedule (either two, three, or four weeks). This is an in-person program and will take place in our New York City office.
- You are a full-time undergraduate student graduating between fall 2025 and summer 2027 in a technical or quantitative discipline (math, physics, computer science, statistics, or a related program)
- Demonstrated experience in programming; familiarity with C, C++, Python, and/or Rust is preferred
- A passion for technology and excitement for learning something new
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
This program is specifically offered for individuals without extensive experience in the quantitative finance industry. If you already have relevant internship experience — please apply to one of our summer programs!
Weekly base salary of $4,800 in addition to company-paid housing, meals, and other perks.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.