Job Title: Architect
Compensation: $120,000 - $190,000
Who We Are:
Buildertrend is cutting-edge, cloud-based project management software. With nearly 1 million users across the globe, we empower the construction industry with a better way to build. Our software helps construction professionals build more projects while reducing delays, eliminating communication errors, and increasing customer satisfaction. From Estimating, Scheduling, and Change Order features to Client Communication and Document Management tools, our feature set is here to streamline every aspect of the construction process. As a partner in our customers success, our team provides unmatched support, every step of the way. At Buildertrend, we believe in providing an all-in-one solution to solve real problems, deliver real results, and change the way the world builds.
Founded in Omaha in 2006, Buildertrend is quickly becoming the industry standard. Buildertrend is changing the way the world builds. Using technology to bring all parties together, Buildertrend has quickly become the product of the future. The innovative solutions and team atmosphere are what makes Buildertrend one of the hottest employers in the country.
If you want to learn more about us, check out: http://buildertrend.com/about.aspx
Buildertrend is scaling its construction SaaS platform globally. Our software serves thousands of contractors across the world with more added every day. We're looking for a Software Architect to help our engineering team reach the next level.
The architect will see the "big picture" for our department, developing patterns and practices for the development team. Communicating the vision and developing buy-in will be equally important in this role.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and experience leading large projects. This is not a green field project, but rather a unique opportunity to shape how the Buildertrend platform serves its customers for years to come.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with other teams to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Develop high-level product specifications that can realistically integrate into the existing system
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Effectively communicate all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of maintainability, security, scalability, extensibility, etc.
Who You Are and What You Need:
- Proven experience architecting software systems in a collaborative environment
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Experience in software development and coding in several languages
- Knowledge of all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, development, testing, deployment
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members
We Are Giving You:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health packages
- 401(k) retirement plan with Buildertrend matching contribution
- Life insurance and short- and long-term disability benefits
- Parental leave
- Generous paid time off, 11 paid holidays, & 6 personal days
- Paid sabbaticals
- Volunteer time off
- Wellness program
- Onsite fitness center
Working at Buildertrend:
At Buildertrend we want work to be a place where you can be who you are, where you can make an impact for our customers, communities, and each other; where we all move in the same direction; where you can celebrate success and build a career. In short: We want you to be who you are, love what you do, and build your best life.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org